• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Column shift to console shift

ksurfer2

Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
I have seen many threads converting an auto trans to a manual trans, but nothing about converting a column shift to a console shift for a 727 in my 69RR. I would think this is a far less difficult process...new steering column, console, shifter, and some linkages. Other than that, anything out of the ordinary involved? Anyone sell kits?

I have a complete console 727 automatic shifter and linkage set for a 69 RR, PM me if interested

I haven't seen any complete kits out there, but all the parts are available for a dedicated forager.
Tony's parts has the sleeves to change over the steering columns.

Well, if it were me (which it isn't), I would be inclined to just change the lower collar on the column (for looks only) & run an aftermarket cable shifter. If I got "fancy", I'd try to install an automatic console & line up the shifter through the factory console hole with as little modification as possible. Going that way, it shouldn't be hard (or expensive). This has been my personal plan for many years once my knees can't operate the clutch pedal.

Dont forget the reverse lamp switch will be floor mounted

Auto Transport Service
Back