• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Column Shifter for '66 Belvedere

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrgr340

Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
My dad is looking for the correct column shifter for his '66 Hemi Belvedere. We believe it should look like a larger version of the turn signal stalk.

kJQDW4n.jpg

Something like the one in this pic:

KV1E1xV.jpg

PM me if you have what we're looking for.

What's on there now?

I've owned a LOT of 66 and 67 B body cars as has my brother in law.

We've found that all the 66 Dodges seem to have an all metal selector lever, and all 67's seem to have one with a plastic knob.

However, the water's get murky with Plymouths.

Most 67's seem to have a plastic knob, but we've seen several 66's that have them.

Almost too many for it to be an in service replacement of a worn lever.

My personal theory is that it was either a mid-year change, a plant based difference, or a combination.

It also occurs to me that since the knobs and controls in the Plymouths are primarily plastic, versus chrome plated metal in the Dodges,
someone in the Plymouth design department may have thought the plastic knob went better and adopted it early.

All just speculation, but curious.

There's nothing on it at the moment. It was pulled out in favor of a floor shifter by one of the previous owners in the late 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back