• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

comp cams ??

Bens69PlymouthSatellite

Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone had problems w/ comp cams I am looking at a comp 519 lift for my 440 519 lift 294/306 duration just something a little hotter than A Mopar .509 lift cam wanna stick to hydraulic flat tappet and something streetable that starts in the high 2000 rpm range or any good custom cams that anyone knows of would be cool.

To elaborate further stock forged crank,eagle rods, srp flat top slugs,mopar dual plane manifold,452 heads 2.14 in,1.81 90cc 600 lift springs 3200 stall converter,any suggestions want a nasty sounding cam,and like I said wanna stick w/ hydraulic 4 now also thinkin 519 lift comp w/ 1.6 ratio rockers.

The last time I dealt with Comp Cams (this summer), half the parts I got were wrong. I ordered a new cam, springs and adjustable rockers for a small block Ford. The parts they recommended using with this cam were wrong and then they sent different parts to boot! A friend of mine told me that the economy took it's toll on the company and their best people were either laid off or left for greener pastures. I usually use custom grinds but on this build, the customer insisted on using a cam he picked from them.

Contact Hughes Engines... I bought a cam that I really liked better than the old technology MP cam I had in the engine.

That's quite a bit of cam. You better have the compression to back it up.

I looked through the Hughes and really like the selection can anybody recommend 1 4 me w/ the engine combo I listed? thinking I wanna stick to 1.5 ratio rockers now that I looked at some of there cams like I said looking for nasty lope and to generate alot of power when I stomp it,something different from the typical mp 509 lift everyone runs in my area,wanna stay at pump gas compression as well high 10.9.1 or something along those lines,any input is helpful!

Just call Hughes, they'll be glad to get you set up with the right profile. Be ready with all the details of your car: compression, weight, trans, diff ratio, etc..

Hey Ben,
Check out Reed camshafts. They are a custom grind company. You just have to have all your ducks in a row as far as car, weight, gear, trans,stall or tell them what you are trying to do an they will help. The guy with the 55 Chevy that comes to the square he has been using these guys for 30 plus years for street motors and race motors. The cam in the 55 he had them make to his specs. They are in Georgia.

Has anyone had problems w/ comp cams I am looking at a comp 519 lift for my 440 519 lift 294/306 duration just something a little hotter than A Mopar .509 lift cam wanna stick to hydraulic flat tappet and something streetable that starts in the high 2000 rpm range or any good custom cams that anyone knows of would be cool.
Know what you want and order from Summit Racing, they have perfect return service.

Thanks Scott and everyone really appreciate it I will check out all these cam co.! Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back