• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Compact Battery Jumper Pack Suggestions

turbine68rt

Turbine Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:23 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have experiences, whether good or bad, with any of the wide variety of the compact jumpers on the market? Any particular brands/power output that can be recommended for starting a big block? There's a lot to choose from out there, just thought it would be good to hear some real world suggestions. The minimal size combined with the power output is good peace of mind when attending an out of town show.

Battery Jumper 1.jpg
Batery Jumper 2.jpg
Anyone have experiences, whether good or bad, with any of the wide variety of the compact jumpers on the market? Any particular brands/power output that can be recommended for starting a big block? There's a lot to choose from out there, just thought it would be good to hear some real world suggestions. The minimal size combined with the power output is good peace of mind when attending an out of town show.
Im very happy with this one.
Used on my 540hp, 438ci engine with no problem.
Sorry for the upside down photo.

Last edited:
We have a NEXPOW 2500A at work. It works very good on dead lift trucks & have used it several times to get some employees home as well as the company cars that sit for long periods. Never had an issue and its pretty impressive for its size. I've looked at them online, contemplating on one for home use but never have pulled the trigger.

I can second the recommendation for NOCO. I've had one for several years and it's never let me down.

Also bought some of their chargers and additional jump boxes for gifts.

I've got a Hulkman from Amazon.. I need to grab it out of the car & charge it... I've jumped seven cars, three trucks & one forklift (shop complex neighbor) about a dozen times since I've charged it... It still shows 55% charged but I'd hate to need it & have it come up short...

I bought a DBpower 1200 amp compact jumper/Charger about 2 years ago off AMAZON to keep in a roadside emergency bag in the car. However, it goes dead just sitting in the bag after 3 or 4 months so I would stay away from this brand.

Last edited:
I've got a Hulkman from Amazon.. I need to grab it out of the car & charge it... I've jumped seven cars, three trucks & one forklift (shop complex neighbor) about a dozen times since I've charged it... It still shows 55% charged but I'd hate to need it & have it come up short...
Thanks for the feedback. I ended up ordering a Hulkman 8.5

Auto Transport Service
Back