• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Complete Hood Mounted ASSEMBLY !! Check it out

Canadian1968

Local time
1:14 PM
Reaction score
I finally worked out all the kinks and finally made myself a complete hood mount turn signal assembly for my 68 Charger. Including the lens!

Since these new housing are made of ABS like resin, they will not ground threw contact with the hood like the original OEM pieces did . This really is not a bad thing. With original design , you needed to make sure that housing was making contact with the hood , well enough to complete the circuit. This often would mean cleaning off an area of bare metal on the hood tabs to make the contact. Who wants to have bare metal on their hood that is easily exposed to the elements? Not to mention if it rattled a loose , the circuit is broken.

With this design the bulb is grounded threw a dedicated wire, that can be tapped in to basically anywhere you want. My personal choice will be a nice short wire to the inner hood support with a small self tapping crew. This is MUCH more secure connection and even if the housing were to wiggle it a bit, it would not break the the connection.

The light is also an LED , which has its own benefits .

The lens are made to identical dimensions of an original ( so are the housings ) They will work with a factory OEM metal housing as well .

The pictures included is a completely 3D printed housing, retainer and lens. The retainer is still in raw printed resin, but will be painted to match the housing.

Question I have about the lens. What is the correct style ? I see aftermarket offerd in sold in orange/ amber , I believe some have the face surrounding the center blacked out?

I am super excited about getting these installed for next spring!!

20230128_145800_copy_575x767.jpg

20230128_145846_copy_770x577.jpg

20230128_145912_copy_561x748.jpg

20230128_150018_copy_572x764.jpg

For anyone interested I can make a set.

Price for the complete assembly as shown in picture ( Housing , Retainer, Lens, light and socket, Mounting hardware)
$180 Can. per PAIR

Housing only ( includes light, socket, and mounting hardware) $120 per PAIR * OEM original lens will fit
Lens only - $25 EACH ( will fit OEM housing )
Retainers - $20 EACH ( will fit OEM housing )

* These are not for an OEM restoration obviously ! These are for anyone looking for an affordable replacement that only requires the addition of an extra ground, the rest is plug and play !

* I am not offering the full wire harness down to the bulk head. you will have to splice the wires from my light into the original harness .

* These are 3D printed there are some VERY small printing irregularities, but I have made them all at points that are not visible when installed. If you want a better explanation of what I mean I can send more detailed pictures and explanation if wanted.

Shipping is extra of course. Located in London Ontario, Canada.

For anyone interested I can make a set.

Price for the complete assembly as shown in picture ( Housing , Retainer, Lens, light and socket, Mounting hardware)
$180 Can. per PAIR

Housing only ( includes light, socket, and mounting hardware) $120 per PAIR * OEM original lens will fit
Lens only - $25 EACH ( will fit OEM housing )
Retainers - $20 EACH ( will fit OEM housing )

* These are not for an OEM restoration obviously ! These are for anyone looking for an affordable replacement that only requires the addition of an extra ground, the rest is plug and play !

* I am not offering the full wire harness down to the bulk head. you will have to splice the wires from my light into the original harness .

* These are 3D printed there are some VERY small printing irregularities, but I have made them all at points that are not visible when installed. If you want a better explanation of what I mean I can send more detailed pictures and explanation if wanted.

Shipping is extra of course. Located in London Ontario, Canada.
very cool and fair Price. I am interested in a complete Pair for my 68 Charger. Fortunately I am in your Area in may , so it could be possible to pic them up . Do you have them in Stock ? and would you PM me for further Details ? Thx and Greetings from Germany Olli

Auto Transport Service
Back