• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Computer punch cards at the factory.....(A-body story!)

gdrill

Just enjoying "B"-ing here
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
Stuck in the past, just North of Montana....
I found an envelope under the drivers side rubber floor mat in my latest purchase. It's a 1972 Valiant. Best build sheet I've ever found as well! So the piece of "something" stuck to the jute drew my curiosity. After very carefully removing it (still wet jute and paper helped in removal) and peeling it apart it turned out to be an envelope containing a computer punch card. It is for this car as the sequence numbers on it match the build sheet. Just thought I would share this weird but cool find.

IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1717.jpg

are you going to fix that car .....if you need anything, I am parting out a 72 valiant 4 door just like that. I have the whole car except fenders and grille and hood.

Ya I figured it was fairly uncommon. I'm actually going to make it run (carb kit / master cylinder) and I have a young gun who wants it. It was purchased as a parts car, but I seem to have the misfortune of finding them to good to cut up! It has less rust than any of the rest of my herd.

Auto Transport Service
Back