• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Computer Question?

kalaek

Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Im new at this so please bear with me. We are currently trying to install a 6.1 into a 68 Dodge Charger. The engine and automatic 5 speed trans came out of a 2006 300 srt8.
I am thinking of maybe going with the T56 transmission but not sure if I will need to do anything with the computer for the engine? The 300 package I got from Cleveland pickapart came with a computer for the engine and trans. Does anyone know if I need to have the computer modified to work with the T56 manual trans? Please let me know
Thanks guys

Yes, you will need to have the automatic trans turned off and all will be good.

Thanks for the reply 5.7 Hemi. Does that mean I just have to not run the transmission computer? Will I need to reprogram the engine computer to work with the T56 transmission? or will running a manual trans not matter at all with the 6.1 out of the Chrysler 300?

Gotta get the auto trans out of the pcm, and you wont use a tcm. No reprogramming the pcm, just turn off the auto trans stuff. Once this is done, your good for the stick trans. Call hotwireauto.com they will nail down all your ??'s and do the programming, or B&G.

Are you sure you have a TCM that came with yours? Past 03 I didn't think anything used a separate ECM and TCM. I myself am trying to work this whole thing out since the idiot I bought my 5.7 from removed one of the connectors from the harness.

But to answer your question again, yes you definitely need to have it programmed. either hotwireauto or hotrodlane can do them.

Auto Transport Service
Back