• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Concern over "New" 68-70 B-body motor mounts from China....

super-bee_ski

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
Ordered the new mounts from 440Source.
Noticing the New rubber mount isolators are not suitable unless you modify brackets.

1. Each rubber mount has the threaded bolt and a "bump" to secure proper location/alignment.

IMG_8021.jpeg

As you can see, the bump and the hole are not a match.
Tried two different sets of mounts, neither will accept the New China rubber isolator mount.
And, my visit to NAPA, my Bud told me they are all made in China now and there is a $20 re-stocking fee.

As you can see in pic #2:
There is a gap between the 2 plates.
I took one of the fixtures (Block mount) and put it on my drill Press with a Step Bit.
It enlarged the Hole but the real cure is to Elongate the hole with a Burr grinder, which I will accomplish today.

PIC 2

IMG_8022.jpeg

Last edited:
Update:
The NAPA "DriveTech" Rubber mounts fit perfectly.
So, to sum it up, 440 Source is using inferior rubber isolator mounts.
They simply do not align with Hardware.
NAPA is perfect!
Hope this helps.

I had a similar problem, had to modify a bit.

Typical Crap anymore and some of these well known vendors think we need more China crap.
My favorite is when they say "If it was made in USA you would not be able to afford it" and i always say "How do you know what i can afford or not"
Dammit i want i good quality product!!
Rant Over....

Typical Crap anymore and some of these well known vendors think we need more China crap.
My favorite is when they say "If it was made in USA you would not be able to afford it" and i always say "How do you know what i can afford or not"
Dammit i want i good quality product!!
Rant Over....
Had similar issue, sent back and got some Made in India, WTF, hard to get parts Down-under, shipping is a killer now

There are only two companies still actually making those mounts, Anchor and Westech. Any other "brands" you buy are just one of these two being reboxed. These are known in the aftermarket as the "2250" mount. They are both made in China or India, they both suck. Unfortunately these are the only choices currently available. The Westech ones are the ones in this picture. The "bump" which locates the mount into the locating hole in the bracket is slightly off of position. The Anchor ones have the "bump" in the correct position, but the "ears" are too wide to fit the K member correctly. The steel used on both of them is half the thickness of the original Chrysler NOS/OEM ones. There are a list of issues with both of them, and basically the end user will have to do some modification if you want them to fit decently. We are in the process of making our own version of these mounts, directly from the NOS Chrysler ones, which are identical to the originals in every way. Once we have these, all the problems will be fixed, and they will be available at a very reasonable price.

Keep complaining about Chinese parts. Without them you’d have no parts.

The gall of American Manufacturing to not make high quality motor mounts, along with other important-to-me parts for me and my 55 year old car. If they only knew what they are missing.

I don’t see why anyone would complain. Just start making motor mounts yourself. I’m sure you’ll get rich selling a handful these. Mopar guys are known for forking out big bucks for parts.

Thank you 440 Source for all you have done over the past 20 years to support and make this hobby better, no matter where your parts come from.

The gall of American Manufacturing to not make high quality motor mounts, along with other important-to-me parts for me and my 55 year old car. If they only knew what they are missing.

I don’t see why anyone would complain. Just start making motor mounts yourself. I’m sure you’ll get rich selling a handful these. Mopar guys are known for forking out big bucks for parts.

Thank you 440 Source for all you have done over the past 20 years to support and make this hobby better, no matter where your parts come from.

It's your civic duty as an American to complain about those damn "commies". When I was a kid it was the Japanese, now they are in Nascar..."the nerve"

Has anyone had any experience with the new polyurethane mounts? Just today UPS delivered me 2 motor mounts and a trans mount.

I guess you've never had a bad experience with a crap chinese part.

I guess you've never had a bad experience with a crap chinese part.
Yep, I have. Just like I’ve had with US made parts. Not sure what your point is. The choice is always yours. Put your expectations in the right place.

Yep, I have. Just like I’ve had with US made parts. Not sure what your point is. The choice is always yours. Put your expectations in the right place.
You state " without them you'd have no parts". My point is, you're ok as long as there's a part available, no matter how shitty it is, that's better than no part at all. I know what my expectations are. I've been in the business over 50 years. I expect the chinese part to be garbage.

You state " without them you'd have no parts". My point is, you're ok as long as there's a part available, no matter how shitty it is, that's better than no part at all. I know what my expectations are. I've been in the business over 50 years. I expect the chinese part to be garbage.

Ask the OP. He made his Chinese part work. Maybe he’d be happy with no part.

Ask the OP. He made his Chinese part work. Maybe he’d be happy with no part.
Nope. He got mounts from NAPA.
"The NAPA "DriveTech" Rubber mounts fit perfectly.
So, to sum it up, 440 Source is using inferior rubber isolator mounts." For anybody using the crap chinese mounts, use a secondary strap or cable. Save your radiator.

Auto Transport Service
Back