• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Concrete Sealer Recommendations

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have suggestions for a quality concrete sealer to prevent oil, salt, from seeping into concrete? I'd like to protect the new concrete floor in new garage, what I wish I would a done in my house garage. Thanks

This is what I use on our pool deck. It seems to be used by contractors a lot. Expensive and not especially durable outside. Slick when wet unless some anti-slip material is added to it when putting it down. I’ll be curious to see what else comes up in comments.

Amazon product ASIN B09JKWX5NV

I would think any type of epoxy garage floor paint would work as you wish? Good Luck:popcorn::popcorn:

Does anyone have suggestions for a quality concrete sealer to prevent oil, salt, from seeping into concrete? I'd like to protect the new concrete floor in new garage, what I wish I would a done in my house garage. Thanks
Has the concrete been polished, or is it a trowel/float finish?

I would think any type of epoxy garage floor paint would work as you wish? Good Luck:popcorn::popcorn:
All epoxy garage floor paints are not equal. The best is a 100% solids epoxy. I sell one made by Corotech ( a Benjamin Moore company). The epoxy is actually harder than the concrete. Applied properly, it is virtually indestructible.

All epoxy garage floor paints are not equal. The best is a 100% solids epoxy. I sell one made by Corotech ( a Benjamin Moore company). The epoxy is actually harder than the concrete. Applied properly, it is virtually indestructible.
My brother had his garage floor coated looks nice; but just yesterday chatting about it, he said it's slippery as ice when wet. Some sort of grit was applied - though after tipping his bike...said not enough..

My brother had his garage floor coated looks nice; but just yesterday chatting about it, he said it's slippery as ice when wet. Some sort of grit was applied - though after tipping his bike...said not enough..
Yes, you have to apply a non-slip aggregate (basically a very coarse sand).

When I poured my shop the concrete company had "store" over in the bigger town nearby and I bought their recommended sealer. There was like seven different types from like fresh , several years , or many years old poured concrete. I bet you have something like that close by, and they could advise you whats needed . Call any company advertising concrete for delivery, they prolly could put on the right place.

I've used many different types on many different houses in my life time. This I put down last year and the water still beads up and never penetrates the concrete.
20220730_095734.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back