• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Condenser recommendations

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
Putting my '71 car back together that came with A/C. I have all of the big components on but the condenser. Tried to mount the condenser but it's not factory looking, no way to mount it safely, and made in China. Does anyone know where to get a factory one? Looked at Classic Industries and Year One catalog and will be calling them on Monday, since closed over the weekend.

#4 Rod LH.jpg

I woudnt worry about original looking, and Ill bet anything you get at classic is made in china or worse, lol You have a 508 pump, headers, mp die casts, 90d boots, aluminum intake with center mounted coil, am carb, etc. I wouldn't worry about looking factory at this point, lol... Motor looks awesome put a modern coil in there and an electric fan, you wont regret it...

When an after market condenser doesn't work, there's issues

Well guys, I got my condenser mounted. That went in with no problem what so ever. As far as the lines goes. Since all of the A/C was gone when my dad bought this car over 35 years ago, I went with an after market kit with modern compressor. At first, I laid out the lines that was all rubber, except the ends. Yea, wasn't factory but I could live with it. Then my friend said lets go see a friend of his who owns a shop and builds hotrods. We went to talk to him and the pictures is what we came up with. We made our own hard lines and I think it turned out great!

AC.jpg AC2.jpg AC3.jpg AC4.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back