• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Connecting new Denso alternator

Kimodc

Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
2D0B50AC-21F6-4CFB-A295-360B119EAADF.jpeg
Good morning, I decided to upgrade my alternator during the reassembly process of my 1969 Sport Satellite, 440, 4spd. I ordered a new AC Delco “Chrysler Family” 90 amp NipponDenso alternator from Rock Auto ($131). It fits great after trimming 1/4” off of the original cast alternator bracket and adding a couple spacers. I have kept the original wiring in place , have added an additional charge line from the alternator to a jct point near the bulkhead. From this jct point, I pull all other loads like headlight relays, and future fuel pump. From this jct point, I have also added a 10 ga. parallel pathway through the firewall to the amp meter (as per Nacho).
I am now connecting my new electronic voltage regulator after replacing the old points style VR, and am wondering if it matters which FLD terminal connects to the green wire and which one connects to the blue? I don’t think it matters, but would like to be sure.....??

Auto Transport Service
Back