• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Considering a new acquisition

66/440

Local time
7:58 AM
Reaction score
I am considering adding to the collection but it has been so long since I have purchased anything I am out of touch with current prices. I am looking at a '65 Coronet 440 more door and need some opinions on value.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Looks like a Re-spray over the outer Body. I'd look at what was covered on that. Depending on where the Car's History is from, Clean Area, or Rust Belt, I would be at 10K, +or- 2K for Condition and What it Needs...

I think vandan is pretty close .

12k would have to be damn nice in person

I was thinking $7k, but I’m in a different market.
$6500 was my thinking, I'm cheap or out of touch with the market, probably both. It is clearly a respray which always concerns me and the newish upholstery is ok but not correct or period for that mater. AC is inop as is radio and blower motor. Those things don't worry me but are things that need to be addressed. I have everything to convert to BB as well as all the suspension, AC update, Disc Brake conversion etc. That is why I am considering it. The mechanical is in my wheelhouse and the paint and body if I want to tackle it but, my thought was to upgrade with what I have and daily drive it. Was hoping I could be done under 10K with the parts I have. Have way too many long term projects now and was looking for something fun that could be finished in a month or less. If it is going to become just another frustrating money drain I would not be interested. If I am going to have to put a bunch of money in it I would rather have a 2dr something. I know the resale market would ignore a very nice 4 door unless it was cheap and if I add up what it has cost me over the years to accumulate all the parts I would not want to give it away for what the market would probably bear. Unless I did a conversion and then here we go with another long term project.

Looks like a Re-spray over the outer Body. I'd look at what was covered on that. Depending on where the Car's History is from, Clean Area, or Rust Belt, I would be at 10K, +or- 2K for Condition and What it Needs...
Texas car all it's life

This concerns me, the rust showing through.
7.jpg

If the motor and drive train are all in good working order I would say around $7500 and that is because the interior looks nice.

Auto Transport Service
Back