• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console Help

pnora

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
Many years back I bought a used console in pieces for my 69 charger project. I am in the console restoration phase and am doing a mock up to make sure I have everything. Question I have is on the shift plate attachment. On the rear at the console storage compartment there are two holes. Is there some sort of clip nut that goes there. The holes seem to be straight with no threading signs which makes me ask about a possible clip nut. Thanks.

I believe there should be clips on the console,screws go threw plate to attach.

I thought they were like the console light clips ,I could be wrong
636__65835.1590006784.jpg

Oh ok you're talking about the 2 rear holes that secure the front shifter plate down. Those are just threaded plastic. Normal to be stripped out. Often people just find a bigger thread screw, and try not to strip it out more. Maybe you could epoxy it and drill it.

Oh ok you're talking about the 2 rear holes that secure the front shifter plate down. Those are just threaded plastic. Normal to be stripped out. Often people just find a bigger thread screw, and try not to strip it out more. Maybe you could epoxy it and drill it.
Thanks. Looks like I am off to plan B.

I ran a 10-32 tap through and epoxied a nut on the end to make sure it will hold. Need to pick up a couple stainless 10-32 Phillips screws tomorrow.

Auto Transport Service
Back