• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console Shifter Boot

Flyboy1400

Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
I need a new boot for my '66 Satellite, it's oval and has 6 screws, all the boots I can find are round with 3 screws and are listed as '66-'74 A and B. Even Year One has the round boot listed for '66. Is the round boot correct? If so does anyone know what the oval boot would be off of? I ordered one to see how close the fit was and it doesn't come close to covering the oval hole in the floor. I suppose I could weld up the hole and then cut out a round hole, but that seems a lot of work if the oval boot is available somewhere.

boot.jpg

I need a new boot for my '66 Satellite, it's oval and has 6 screws, all the boots I can find are round with 3 screws and are listed as '66-'74 A and B. Even Year One has the round boot listed for '66. Is the round boot correct? If so does anyone know what the oval boot would be off of? I ordered one to see how close the fit was and it doesn't come close to covering the oval hole in the floor. I suppose I could weld up the hole and then cut out a round hole, but that seems a lot of work if the oval boot is available somewhere.

View attachment 1469455
I will look today, but seems as if I still have an OEM used in good shape if interested let me know

Thats it alright, C body though? How strange, the oval hole looks factory. Makes me wonder how common it was to 'borrow' parts from other production lines.

I will look today, but seems as if I still have an OEM used in good shape if interested let me know

That's would be great, let me know if you do and how much you'd want for it. Thanks!

The oval was B & C in 66.. Where at in Ca? I have one too...

The oval was B & C in 66.. Where at in Ca? I have one too...

PM sent. Good to know, I found some info on fcbo, looks like as of now those are not reproduced, only the round ones.

Seems like the common fix is to screw a piece of sheet metal over the hole and mount the round boot to that.

Interesting. My '66 Satellite has the oval boot, like yours. I'm in Texas, but my car was built in L.A. and originally sold in Washington. Maybe it's a west coast thing.

View attachment 1469455
The oval one is the same as the one off of my 66 coronet.

Thats it alright, C body though? How strange, the oval hole looks factory. Makes me wonder how common it was to 'borrow' parts from other production lines.

That's would be great, let me know if you do and how much you'd want for it. Thanks!
did not get to shop yesterday, am this morning for sure

sorry must have sold, only have a boot, is not torn or opening for shifter rod not torn either. May not supposed to sell in this forum??

That's would be great, let me know if you do and how much you'd want for it.

sorry must have sold, only have a boot, is not torn or opening for shifter rod not torn either. May not supposed to sell in this forum??

I'd be interested in the boot alone if that's all you had, I can clean up and reuse the metal parts on mine. Tried to PM you but your inbox is full. You can send me a PM if you'd like to sell the boot with price and shipping. Thanks.

I'd be interested in the boot alone if that's all you had, I can clean up and reuse the metal parts on mine. Tried to PM you but your inbox is full. You can send me a PM if you'd like to sell the boot with price and shipping. Thanks.
yes, about mail, have tried to empty PMs couldn't............My number is 319 209 1437, will send pic of boot in morning if you can give me your number

Auto Transport Service
Back