• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console side cover carpet fitment issue

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:09 PM
Reaction score
Have any of you put new carpet on the drivers side 4-speed console cover, and if so what brand was it? I ordered a set along with a lot of the other interior parts for my Charger. I received a set made by REM that had the hump molded about 3-4 inches to low. There was no way possible to get it to fit without losing coverage on the bottom. I called the seller and sent some pics to them. He emailed right back saying another set is on its way. That came yesterday and is made by Trim Parts. It is somewhat better mostly because the mold isn't quite as pronounced as the REM brand, but still far from perfect. I'm trying to decide if I even want to try this one or if someone else makes the part. I have the original green one that came in the car and it fits like a glove. Looking for suggestions.

P9120075.JPGP9120082.JPGP9120087.JPGP9120084.JPGP9120091.JPG

How can a company claim to make repro carpet for this particular application and mess it up this badly? The new one is not even close! Sorry I cannot help with your problem, but there are too many examples of this in the repro industry.

How can a company claim to make repro carpet for this particular application and mess it up this badly? The new one is not even close! Sorry I cannot help with your problem, but there are too many examples of this in the repro industry.

I know - how hard can it be to press the molded area in the right spot? And 2 different companies reproducing it wrong.

I know - how hard can it be to press the molded area in the right spot? And 2 different companies reproducing it wrong.

The total bad-ness of those pieces boggles the mind. Wouldn't it be just as easy to get a proper mold and do it at least close even if the loop didn't match? HTF do you not get the hump in the right place .. outsourced parts no doubt to folks who have no concept of what they are doing which really probably isn't their fault.

I decided to glue the 2nd one I received onto the cover this morning. I ended up lining up the bottom flush and trimming off the top. It actually turned out pretty nice, but I did have to clamp a couple of sockets in the curves and continue massaging to get it fitting decent. I also glued it in 2 steps.
These parts came from Dantes, and I couldn't be happier with his service. He actually responded to an email today at 5:00 - not to many vendors out there that would do that on a Saturday. He did say that both sets are Trim Parts and that REM doesn't make their own. He had them make the 2nd set especially for me and sent directly from the factory. He is a great guy and I would highly recommend his business to anyone. Like I said before, on the 2nd set the mold wasn't as pronounced and allowed me to reform it somewhat.

P9210075.JPGP9210077.JPGP9210078.JPG

I wish they had a larger inventory of stuff, I would buy from Dante always. Every time I see him at Carlisle I ab sure to say hi and he remembers me. Great guy and class outfit he runs. Very pleased with his service.

Auto Transport Service
Back