• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Controversy As SNL Invites Real Live Comedian To Perform

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
Nov 7, 2022
6369398207fd76369398207fd8.jpg

NEW YORK, NY — Saturday Night Live, a show dedicated solely to solemn social critiques and pedantic lectures, has made waves after inviting a real live comedian to perform.

With actual comedian Dave Chapelle slated to host SNL this weekend, the show's writers and cast members were reportedly working tirelessly to prepare for the exposure to comedy.

"It's a big change for us, trying this 'comedy' thing," said castmember Kate McKinnon while using air quotes. McKinnon is best known for her recurring role as Hillary Clinton being somber, sad, and full of gloom. "I've been working on a few 'jokes' myself. Here's my best one..."

McKinnon then proceeded to rant for seven minutes on how Donald Trump was a bad man.

Other cast members have been working on material that they believe this Chapelle fellow would find funny. Cecily Strong, for instance, prepared an outright hilarious sketch about how abortions should be required by law. Michael Che wrote a laugh-out-loud bit in which he calls all white people demons again. Showing the most comedic potential of the group, Pete Davidson was seen staring at a wall and drooling. The entire SNL cast seemed to be rising to the challenge of being funny.

At publishing time, SNL stirred up more controversy by inviting an actual guest musician, Megadeath.

SNL hasn't been funny since John Belushi died. That was a LOOONG time ago. Weird the the producers haven't noticed.

I've heard of this program called 'Saturday Night Live' but, other than seeing it once on a tv that was on at a friend's house forty years ago, I haven't watched it.

I've heard of this program called 'Saturday Night Live' but, other than seeing it once on a tv that was on at a friend's house forty years ago, I haven't watched it.
Really, you have not missed much. But, you really NEED to get out more! LOL

I still won't watch it...

like said above, hasn't been funny for a loooooooong time
none of the late-night network So-called comedians/comedy talk shows
AllBigotedCelerities, See-BS, NothingButCommies, even Comedy Central etc.

so much material they could use & "actually" be funny, once again
but they'd rather be leftist/divisive & lose viewers & sponsors/ratings
drinking the Kool-aide

Gutfeld #1 is the highest rated
in that time slot, genre/format (on here at 8:00pm PST)

Last edited:
For the first time in decades I might DVR it just to see Chapelle.

At publishing time, SNL stirred up more controversy by inviting an actual guest musician, Megadeath.
Good ol' Babylon Bee...
Now, if we could only get them to spell correctly - but props for at least knowing who they are:
R.jpg

People love to bash the show but it has had some funny moments since John Belushi.
I tuned out just before Trump was elected the first time. They weren't even funny, they were just punitive and scathing.

People love to bash the show but it has had some funny moments since John Belushi.
I tuned out just before Trump was elected the first time. They weren't even funny, they were just punitive and scathing.

The second tier comedians were good & some of the third tier were also. After that, fagetaboutit.

Pretty much sums up all the network late night shows in that time frame - and still now, too.

Phil Hartman was the last cast member that was truly funny.

Then they embraced that "awkward" style that wasn't necessarily funny, just as awkward as they could possibly be.

I don't find that funny at all.

Last edited:
The late '90s weren't bad for SNL. Still funny to a point, but by then, I hardly watched it.

In the late '70s, though, SNL and Monty Python ruled the airwaves!

SNL hasn't been funny since John Belushi died. That was a LOOONG time ago. Weird the the producers haven't noticed.
They never were funny. People were just to high to tell in the 70s and 80s when they became popular.

The show has been hit or miss for many years, used to watch regularly but now just catch some clips on YouTube. Hard to say it's not funny and you don't watch it.

Always watch Chapelle as he has a pretty good read on the world.

The show has been hit or miss for many years, used to watch regularly but now just catch some clips on YouTube. Hard to say it's not funny and you don't watch it.
I used to watch it when I was stoned. Then I sobered up and realized it wasn't the jokes that made me laugh. So, yes, I'm qualified to discuss it.

I watched a whole bunch of Jon Lovitz stuff last night. I think he's funny. This was from a movie called Rat Race. This is the Hitler's car clip and the Barbie Museum.

SNL.....every time I check it out there's nothing but stooopid crap and change the channel. There might be some good stuff on it but not going to spend the time anymore to see if there is.

Auto Transport Service
Back