• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conv door glass Up Stop adjustment question

Chris Many

Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My 70 Satellite Conv came mostly dismantled with some parts missing. I am trying to adjust my new door glass as it cranks up too far. No up stop. I think I am missing a part for the up stop (assuming there is one). I have the stop post attached to the glass, but it doesn't align with anything. Do I have the wrong track (refer to pictures) or am I missing something ? The FSM is no help when it comes to convertibles.

P9062277.JPG

P9132296.JPG

P9132300.JPG

on a 68 the up stop mounts to the slots with arrows pointing at them..
Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 6.38.35 PM.png

that must be these things. I see no evidence on my original doors that they were ever bolted to it. no marks in the paint. maybe it's for power windows only ?

not sure what the plastic post I have labeled "stop post" does. on older cars it hits a bracket welded to the glass channel, which my original parts don't have.

up stop.jpg

that must be these things. I see no evidence on my original doors that they were ever bolted to it. no marks in the paint. maybe it's for power windows only ?

not sure what the plastic post I have labeled "stop post" does. on older cars it hits a bracket welded to the glass channel, which my original parts don't have.

View attachment 1342515
Thats the up stop, should make contact with a tab on the regulator arm...

guess I got to go shopping again.

thanks
Actually maybe not... I think the up stop might have changed between 68 & 70... Your plastic post might contact a tab on the upper door frame.. On an E body these mount to the outer door structure just below the window sweeps

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 10.33.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 10.32.15 AM.png

Last edited:
Looking at this picture

P9132300.jpg

Any chance you installed the stop post on the wrong side of the glass? look at the outer structure & see if the up stop bracket is in that area? Or at least a tapped bolt hole to mount the up stop...

Looking at this picture

View attachment 1342681

Any chance you installed the stop post on the wrong side of the glass? look at the outer structure & see if the up stop bracket is in that area? Or at least a tapped bolt hole to mount the up stop...
It's installed correctly. if I put it on the other side it would still have nothing to run up against.

Auto Transport Service
Back