• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convergence of Stupid, Bad Luck and Mechanical Failure

1969VAGTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:40 PM
Reaction score
For Christmas this year, my wife and I got a fully remodeled master bathroom. The real question is - Why? On a rainy December Saturday night there was a convergence of stupidity, bad luck and mechanical failure that led me to drive my truck right through the side of my house (specifically our master bathroom). The upstairs heat pump for our house was also destroyed for good measure. And my Dodge Ram was not spared. A month later, we have a new, fully updated master bathroom (and heat upstairs again).

The moral of the story is - if you need any remodeling done to your house, your car or truck can help speed that process along. And don't neglect vehicle maintenance.

Thank the Lord 2022 is over!
IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_8623.JPG

IMG_8617.JPG

IMG_8631.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_8890.JPG

IMG_9503.JPEG

IMG_9504.JPEG

IMG_9274.JPEG

Looks very nice, but I have to ask ….. Did you mistake the gas pedal for the brake pedal or put it in R instead of D?

That is a heck of a fast turnaround time.

R does not stand for ”Right Straight Ahead” lol. The new bathroom looks great by the way…

The bathroom looks great. I like the color, looks calming.

"Most accidents happen at home.
One should never drive their car in
the house......." An old saying.
Had a crazy type of friend build a
Harley in the living room of his 2nd
story apartment. This was during the
winter when it was cold and snowy,
and he was bored.
Upon initial start (in the living room),
with it being a new build and nothing
tuned for engine or clutch, the bike
accelerated rapidly thru his door, took
out the balcony railing, and landed
in the courtyard below. Luckily he let
go of the grips when it took off.
He was on the hook for all damages
plus totalling a bike that had not been
titled or insured yet.
Take heart, you're not the only one
this has happened to.

Last edited:
great job getting it all fixed quickly, I could use the compressor and elecronics out of that heatpump as spares if you were closer!

Wow, nice master bath. How did you manage to get the rear quarter panel into the side of the house (I’m almost afraid to ask)?

At least you could drive the truck, no tow bill?

To the one who caused the damage and to the folks that fixed it...

Nice job :thumbsup:

Daymmmmn. At least nobody was hurt. New bathroom looks great, though!

Looks very nice, but I have to ask ….. Did you mistake the gas pedal for the brake pedal or put it in R instead of D?
Five minutes before the accident, someone cut me off in traffic and I slammed on the brakes to keep from running them over. I immediately knew something didn't feel right about the brake pedal. Upon pulling up to my driveway, I had the option to just pull in the yard, but I chose not to because it had rained all day and that big truck would tear up my yard. So I started backing in the driveway like I always do. As soon as I pressed the brake pedal, the lines just out of the master cylinder blew out and the pedal went all the way to the floor. My boot hooked the gas pedal on the way down and sped us up. My first instinct was to pump the brake pedal (DOH!) which led me to hit the gas pedal again, and away we went. I threw the truck into park but had too much momentum and through the house we went. Was backing at an angle which is why the damage to the truck is where it is. This spring I'm going to find another truck bed, have it painted and swap them out. My daughter total loss a car in October, so chose not to involve the car insurance company. But our homeowners insurance certainly came in handy.

Oh man. My 95 Beater's brakes feel a bit spongy....after all, it's still original and have never flushed the system. Way past time to do something about it if it's going to be driven. Glad no one was hurt!

has the truck been repaired as well ?
It has not. I bent the taillight out enough to install a new lens for now. The tailgate is wrecked. Actually located a couple of donor truck beds in my area, just have to get the timing right so the swap and paint can all be done at once.

Auto Transport Service
Back