• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conversion shop...

stuka1166

Local time
3:15 AM
Reaction score
Hello all...

Thinking evermore serious about a new hemi/trans swap for my 68' RR.

IS there a shop that does all the work ??

IF so, any ballpark prices on what it could cost ??

Thanks !!!

I'd say:
Ask 5.7 hemi, a fellow team member here on the forum.
He did the swap.

I know a guy who will do and do it right but he is in California. He and I worked side by side doing my 5.7/Nag1 swap. I don't know what transmission you are thinking of so cost is hard to guesstimate, however, if you do a 5.7/nag1 swap you can figure around 4k just for the new computers if you stay with the 8 3/4 rear. There are so many variables it would be impossible to say a price until you make all the decisions about equipment.

That kinda a loaded question without knowing "EXACTLY" what you want.......trans, engine, factory efi, aftermarket efi, fuel tank (pump), custom efi tank, etc. Ballpark for just the swap (engine and 545rfe trans) 5k but could be done for less so that is why you need to know what you want.

New to the forum so I am not sure I'm in the right place but I need some help.
In the middle of a 6.1 hemi 545rfe transmission swap into a 68 charger. Working on getting the tail of the trans high enough to level the engine and have some ground clearance. I have read it is a minor adjustment with a hammer or grinding the fins down on the trans. I have already tried this and it looks like there will have to be work on the cross member. I am hoping someone can direct me to some pictures and give me some ideas how extensive it needs to be before I start cutting.

I just bought a 2007 5.7 w tranny, computers, gas pedal, gas tank w pump in it, crossmember -- all has been modified for an E Body (prolly can fit it in a B Body too) which came out of an E Body -- all for $6000.00. I have not installed it, won't be getting around to that for a bit!

Auto Transport Service
Back