• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Converter identification

Boris7K

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:10 AM
Reaction score
A98D2B34-C705-4C3D-A4FF-F79FDC1DE9C1.jpeg
Can anyone tell me what this torque converter is? Guy I bought it from couldn’t remember where he got it or what brand it is, he thought it was a 3200 stall. I think it is too big to be that high of a stall speed but I really don’t know.

Sure appears to be a 12" convertor. Not likely to be 3200 stall unless you've got about 600 cubic inches LOL.

Not common converter to use for a very high
stall with any efficiencies of lockup. The 11 inch
is what we would use for a high stall converter
with good lockup. I seriously doubt if it stalls
anywhere in that neighborhood in a street type engine.

I thought it looked too big also, thanks for the responses.

That is a huge stocker that may have been made sloppier for more stall, but I seriously doubt that it's anywhere near 3000.
And a tight smaller diameter converter is always better than a loose sloppy large diameter converter.
I will always take a 4000 nine inch, over a 3500 eleven incher.

My '70 Barracuda 383 streeter had the OEM 12" convertor. Fine for street driving, worthless as a performance component. For drag racing, I've used many different styles, sizes and brands of convertors. The correct convertor for the combination of car & use, engine, gear/tire makes an amazing difference. Unless you are going for a plain daily driver, that isn't the right piece.

Auto Transport Service
Back