• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

convertible tack strip source

Crider

Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
Well after waiting all summer for the only good convertible top installer to get my car in, I've reached the point that I'm tired of waiting and have decided to just do it myself. My problem is that the tack strips are all gone from my top frame and all I can fine are either 1/2 x1/4, or 5/8 x 3/16 strips and it looks like I need 5/8x1/2 for the rear bow. Anyone know where I can purchase this size? or have any other suggestions as to what I could use.

Last edited:
The new tack strips are a hard abs plastic/vinyl product... I've had problems with the staples backing out of the strip....

Last few tops I've bought standard 3/16 thick upholstery panel board, I cut strips and glue them in the channel one on top of the other till the channel is full... Don't glue them together then try to install them, the strip won't curve... By gluing the strips together already curved it holds that shape...

Check with Restoration Specialties and Supply at 814-467-9842 as they make some of their own tack strips and possibly make one of the correct size for your needs.

Auto Transport Service
Back