• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Converting a 1970 Non Rallye wiring harness to a Rallye. Easy?

challenger_73

Local time
9:12 PM
Reaction score
All.... I need a little help here. Does anyone have photos of a Rallye Dash Harness laid out?. Mine was hacked up pretty bad when I got my car. I was able to acquire a decent Non Rallye Harness. I was wondering if it would be hard to convert the non Rallye to a Rallye? They look very different to me.

They are very different. You would be better off with a decent Rallye harness to do this. However if the complete dash was out on the bench you would have a better chance of fitting everything. Here is a picture of my 69 Charger Dash on the bench

100_1906.JPG

I can look for my old harness tomorrow,bought new when I bought my Bee.

They are very different. You would be better off with a decent Rallye harness to do this. However if the complete dash was out on the bench you would have a better chance of fitting everything. Here is a picture of my 69 Charger Dash on the bench

View attachment 1087025
Thanks much! Dash is out of the car. This should help me. At least i can compare and see how bad it is actually hacked up. Thanks again for the photo

On the bench, it’s a piece of cake. Compare the two diagrams. Add additional wires as necessary. If you want to make it undetectable there are two options. Untape the harness add wiring and retape. Or just add the overlay wiring and attach it to the existing harness. Either method will work without issue. I’ve modified harnesses many times. Made harnesses many times. On race cars I prefer to leave them untaped for quick diagnosis at the track if necessary. Here’s a 64 Polara race car that was just done. The entire harness plugs in at the dash bar in the center.
Doug
20210313_150010.jpg

Last edited:
Since I have both, yes it will be easy. You will need to reconfigure some of the wiring, but I would start by getting the connectors and pins needed to plug into the Rally Dash and start pinning it out.. I like to to put secondary Connectors between the Cluster and Dash harness to make removal if needed easier.

but I would start by getting the connectors and pins needed to plug into the Rally Dash and start pinning it out..

Are the connectors for the back of the Rallye dash available anywhere? I was thinking of converting my harness also, but I looked and have not been able to find anywhere to buy the connectors and pins new.

Are the connectors for the back of the Rallye dash available anywhere? I was thinking of converting my harness also, but I looked and have not been able to find anywhere to buy the connectors and pins new.
I would check with American Autowire.. I have to look, but they include connector kits in the Classic Update harness..

I found it,it does have wires spliced and car did run with it. If I were you I would spend the money and buy one. If you want it I will give it to you. Just pm me . It will be later in the week for me to get it out.

I would check with American Autowire.. I have to look, but they include connector kits in the Classic Update harness..

Just wanted to follow up on this since I finally called American Autowire today. They will not sell just the connectors. American AutoWire gets all of the connectors from Year One, who gets them from M&H as we know. He said they do not sell just the connectors for any harness that they make, for all car brands, because the profit is to low. So they only sell entire harnesses where they make much more profit.

Just wanted to follow up on this since I finally called American Autowire today. They will not sell just the connectors. American AutoWire gets all of the connectors from Year One, who gets them from M&H as we know. He said they do not sell just the connectors for any harness that they make, for all car brands, because the profit is to low. So they only sell entire harnesses where they make much more profit.
Understandable, but that sucks.. I wonder where M&H gets them..

Auto Transport Service
Back