• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Converting Standard Bulge Hood to Air Grabber


Well-Known Member
Local time
10:19 PM
Nov 14, 2017
Reaction score
Mason, Texas
Can I convert the bulge hood on my 70 roadrunner to an air grabber hood, or do I need to buy an air grabber hood? I would like to use the original hood if possible.
It's possible, but MUCH more expensive that way. The hoods are the same besides the trap door frame/hole. You have to buy all the air grabber parts anyway, why not the hood? They're available aftermarket. 69 air grabber is a bolt-on to a stock hood. 70 air grabber is not.
With shipping,tax, paint and materials about 4 to 5 grand by the time your done.