• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convt Door Jamb Patch - Which One?

PurpleBeeper

Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
I've got a 70 Roadrunner convt. & I need a patch for the passenger door jamb. I just need the lower corner & maybe part of the rocker panel outer skin. For the door jamb, AMD only shows a hardtop & a post/coupe version (no convertible) AND the two pieces are different. Does anyone know which piece I need to buy to patch my car (just the lower corner)? THANK YOU!

Roadrunner Pass Door Frame 1.jpg 750-1468-1R_800 Post Sedan Door Jamb AMD.jpg 750-1468-2R_800 HT Door Jamb AMD.jpg
Left = my convertible
Middle = Post/sedan
Right = hardtop

Need a picture of your jab further away. A vert is a hardtop with a removable roof,

Hey Richard, now that you post a picture of a convertible door jamb, I can see I need the HARDTOP version of the door jamb. The coupe one (post/sedan) doesn't have a notch in it for the rear quarter windows to roll up/down......duh (I should have seen that before).

You're right, no notch for the "brass convertible striker" isn't there.....but as Fran noted, I'm only going to use the bottom part of that patch panel. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN!!!

You're right, no notch for the "brass convertible striker" isn't there.....but as Fran noted, I'm only going to use the bottom part of that patch panel. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN!!!

I'm always right (that's what I keep telling my wife & kids). :D

And, you don't know me well enough to call me a gentleman.

I'm always right (that's what I keep telling my wife & kids). :D

And, you don't know me well enough to call me a gentleman.

Sorry to offend you! So, thank you, you no good ____________ (fill in blank as appropriate) :rofl: I appreciate your help!

RC's a stand up no matter what he says.
Never looked to see inside of jab to see if there is any reinforcement but you could cut the hole countersink screw holes.

On my 70RR, PO had replaced driver door and jamb with hardtop metal from green Satellite (bondo'd door molding holes). Didn't bother to replace striker assembly (on door or jamb). Fit good but that was with orig metal. I found a 70 Coronet vert in junkyard for jamb transplant.

ltdoorjamb.jpg ltdrjamb_cvpiece_welded.jpg

Nice 70runner, but I only need the very small piece at the bottom corner (thank God), so I ordered the hardtop door jamb from AMD to cut a patch out of. THANKS EVERYONE!

Auto Transport Service
Back