• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool Car Names Thread

LemonWedge

Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
All things car names..... ideas, favorites, your own, pictures, stupid ones, stories behind the names....... post em up

My handle here is what my car name would be, I’ve even thought about how the lettering would lay out on the quarter panel if it were a real racecar. I’ve never been crazy about the color of my car. It is it’s orig. color, and I wouldn’t have chosen it, but the car was in such great shape and it was what I was looking for (A big block mid-60’s musclecar) so I couldn’t say no. Since then, although I’m still not crazy about it I’ve learned that it really does make my car somewhat unique; ugly or not..... it is LEMONWEDGE!

More than the car's name, my 12 year old daughter came up with our race team name, Relic Racing.Not only did "Relic" stand for old, it was the first letter of of each of the first name of us family members.She is now in her 30's.
2005_PA.jpg
Starting_line_PA06.JPG

Race team names are cool.
I personally have never "named" any of my cars over the years. I look at them all as what they are, machines.
I do however tend to "sex" them. Cars / trucks are definitely either a he or a she. Just my thoughts on it.
No, I don't own any LGBQXYZLMNOP cars.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0d-FDOE1rkwq8tm1TPRXMZ7W5v1tlVuOTVH6_uCMjuW2kIJAo.jpg

I like 440 cause it is a 440 and powered by a 440.

All things car names..... ideas, favorites, your own, pictures, stupid ones, stories behind the names....... post em up

My handle here is what my car name would be, I’ve even thought about how the lettering would lay out on the quarter panel if it were a real racecar. I’ve never been crazy about the color of my car. It is it’s orig. color, and I wouldn’t have chosen it, but the car was in such great shape and it was what I was looking for (A big block mid-60’s musclecar) so I couldn’t say no. Since then, although I’m still not crazy about it I’ve learned that it really does make my car somewhat unique; ugly or not..... it is LEMONWEDGE!
I think your color is great. I can see its name on the rear corner panals. Done in gold leaf

If you’re a racer and you’re name is Dennis.....

There’s a guy at my local track with a good looking 55 Chevy with Dennis the Menace on the side. Every time I see it I think it’s cool.

7D6E4C2F-F23F-4B02-A41F-F2A680E7BCA4.jpeg

I never wanted to call my car Barney, but it was the name that stuck. Guess that is what I get for running a purple tank.

6E929C59-BC17-40B8-B817-0D7906970347.png

My wife named it money pit. I told her that that would be great. Then I told her maybe it should be called more money so I can finish it. She didn't smile

I posted this many times, THE STEEL CITY WEDGE. Growing up in the Pittsburgh Pa area, it's the reason I'm
keystone_5.jpg
a early "B" nut.

I call this Super Beat, it has so many dents. Actually the rust isn’t too bad. It’s getting my 700hp stroker, narrowed Dana 60 after the mini-tubbing, subframe connectors, and roll bar. Plan to leave it looking pretty much like this otherwise.

1ABAE56A-42A6-4306-8D65-715070BC3D97.jpeg 336C7A35-B280-47DF-9100-529EC111BAEF.png 9CBE654D-8452-46A7-9B11-E41EB7F26785.jpeg

Mine is Gringo, named by the car mates who noticed my wife’s grin go, when I spent money on it.
3EF8B4CD-BBA5-49DC-8FB2-3FADE2C2A982.jpeg

Not for cars, but I'm a hot rod boat fan too. I always wanted to name a hot rod boat "Sclerosis of the River"!

my entire family names their cars.

mine Ethyl
wife - moonbeam
daughter - smurfette
son - stella ( but we call it bender .." bit my shiny metal *** " )

When I was racing boats, my boat name was 99 Problems, as a shout out to my wife (if you are familiar with the Jay-Z song)
If I named a race car, it would be Miss DeMeanor

Auto Transport Service
Back