• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE cooling fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

not so famous bob

Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
17" 6 blade polished alum., with or w/o a new/short 2 5/8"/Jaguar clutch, or a standard 3 1/4" clutch. Two 12" elec, fans/new, one slightly used 15" elec fan/ was used as an auxiliary pusher.
The 14" fans have about an hr. or less run time on them, and can come in an alum. shroud that will fit a 24" wide core/19" tall, that is wired with a thermostat that will run both.
Also have one 10,000 rpm flexfan/new , one 17" used s.steel regular flexfan, in good shape.
I did a bunch of experimenting in the heat last summer, trying to cool aptrox.755 h.p. in the Okla. heat.
Can send phone pics if interested , then open to offers---------Bob

How successful were you in controlling the heat? What worked best? I have same problem here in AR. Need to get the heat away from headers and 3” exhaust whe stopped. Any recommendations?

I ended up pulling that dam fiberglass header wrap , hate that stuff! Used 2" TTI HEADERS, had the headers coated. Probly paint !
But its holding up we'll so far. I built some mickey mouse alum shields to set between the valve covers and the no. 1-2 header tubes, with header wrap glued to both sides of it and header wrap strips glued to my valve covers. So far so good.
Ended up w/ a 6 blade /17" mech. fan, 28x19 crossflow/2 rows of 1 1/4 tubes, highly reworked alum. shroud from summit racing.
The fan sticks up above the rad. or I would run a bigger one. Also have vents in the hood beside the 6 pack scoop.
If yours is a B body, you will have more room than my A body. Seems to want to run around 190 regardless of the temp now, I am happy w/ that!! I might experiment w/ the pusher fan in front some next summer if it gets any hotter at the stop lights tho. , it was comforting to hear one kick on at 200* before -------
They make header manifold gaskets that have a heat shield built into them, I think around $37 on ebay. Might try them later if need be.
So far so good , now if I can get some traction w/o spending a ton of cash !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back