• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coors won't be down for breakfast

Maybe that's why I'm still alive!? Cheers to Bill!

One of a kind to go from regional to national. I remember all the stories of “can’t go east because has to be refrigerated all the way”; used to get a headache from that stuff. ( might have been from too much?)

My grandfather, father and oldest brother all went to Milwaukee School of Electrical Engineering. This was back when Coors was only available here in the west. They would come home for Christmas and fill the trunk with Coors. Being winter time it would stay cold. In the early 70's my brother was getting 25.00 per 6-pack in Milwaukee for it. Milwaukee, beer town!! Of all places. Was paying about 1.50 for a 6-pack here. They were bootlegging it way before Smokey and the Bandit.

RIP Bill.
3rd generation native Colorado boy here. I too Moparmarks can remember the Coors "bootleg" days.
I worked at a gas station as a teenager on I76 that sold Coors glass pitchers and glass sets for huge bucks. The truckers would buy them by the case and sell them back east for even more.

I drink Keystone Light these days (Coors product).
I tell my wife that drinking it is like making love in a canoe...........******* Near Water.

I still have one of those Coors pitcher and glass set. Also have a couple of the little porcelain Coors mugs that are about 1.5" tall.

A while back PBS had a interesting show about the history of beer in America and how when the other breweries started pasteurisation Coors refused to do it stating it would alter to taste.

I bootlegged Coors in the early 70's as well as high point Budweiser. I never quite understood people spending 3/4 times the price for beer.

We used to buy Coors back in the day in Minnesota from some of the guys that made trips West - usually I think to Las Vegas by car then they’d bring back a trunk load. Funny back n those days I thought it tasted like water compared to Bud. But when I moved to CO I drank it all the time. Seems like it tasted better there for some reason. Other than that it was Moosehead or Heineken. Hasn’t been anything for 30 plus years.

Isn't Coors one of the few beers that does not use formaldehyde? And I got to where I couldn't drink Bud anymore too. Same thing with Miller. After 2 I just can't drink a 3rd. And it's been a lot of years now to be just drinking one brand....

I worked for the local New Orleans Coors distributor in the 80s.
For a domestic mass produced beer, it is well made.
During prohibition, Coors changed to making some other legal products to stay in business.
One of my favorite beers by Coors was Herman Joseph's. Kind of like Michelob to Budweiser, but way better. I bought the very first case ever sold in New Orleans, the inventory showed "-1" because they hadn't put the shipment into inventory yet...I couldn't WAIT.
I rarely drink now, by choice, not by necessity, and keep it to Anejo Tequila of a couple of types and Abita Golden.

We used to buy Coors back in the day in Minnesota from some of the guys that made trips West - usually I think to Las Vegas by car then they’d bring back a trunk load. Funny back n those days I thought it tasted like water compared to Bud. But when I moved to CO I drank it all the time. Seems like it tasted better there for some reason. Other than that it was Moosehead or Heineken. Hasn’t been anything for 30 plus years.
That's an easy one X. They piss in all the stuff that get's shipped out of state, just like why Guinness tastes best in Ireland.

Back when I built beer pasteurizers and bottle washers for a living Coors wouldnt buy from us. They got theirs from der Faterland. And only from there.
Light beer...water with a twist.

Funny cuz here we call it Rocky Mountain Piss Water.
I once had a t-shirt that had a bear and a deer pissing in the classic Coors stream from the logo on the bottle.
A little further downstream it had a Clydesdale drinking from the stream and pissing into a bucket that said Budweiser.

RIP Bill;
102, he had a good run

I'm a Samuel Adams or Sierra Nevada guy myself :poke:

Auto Transport Service
Back