• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cope 2nd gear leave valve body

That’s interesting.. I know that’s part of the reason glides got popular in mopar is at the light you’ll blow them out upon launch.. 1st is too steep and I guess this copes approach to it... seems like a good idea..

That’s interesting.. I know that’s part of the reason glides got popular in mopar is at the light you’ll blow them out upon launch.. 1st is too steep and I guess this copes approach to it... seems like a good idea..
It’s been a thing in TH400s for years to lower the SLR in order to calm the car down. I’m at 9.48 SLR.

My theory is us at much SLR as you can tune the syspension to. Many give up and go to low SLR and big tires. I've been pretty succesful running 10.53 SLR on 10.5" bracket and index racing. The car doesnt have huge power. But it has more than the average no box car.
Doug

My theory is us at much SLR as you can tune the syspension to. Many give up and go to low SLR and big tires. I've been pretty succesful running 10.53 SLR on 10.5" bracket and index racing. The car doesnt have huge power. But it has more than the average no box car.
Doug
That’s our current plan right now as the car is already together. We do have the luxury of launching with little to no boost and tuning power into it down track. It’ll probably be 1000rwhp or so starting out and working up to 1500 or so.

That’s our current plan right now as the car is already together. We do have the luxury of launching with little to no boost and tuning power into it down track. It’ll probably be 1000rwhp or so starting out and working up to 1500 or so.
We do the same. Dial the timing, boost, and leave rpm. Since ours is blow thru carb there is no adjustment there. Once you get it set, it works very well. way more mild than yours. Normal is 4000
rpm, 12lbs at the hit on 275 Sportsman Pros 1.38 60 @3775lbs 3.55 gear
Doug

I run a 3.54 rear gear and hit the full 200 shot of nitrous off the line. We have run a best 1.37 60 ft. on 275 ET Street Pro's. I do use the 2nd gear start in the mvb on the street and unprepped racing. It seems to work fine for that.

The output shaft doesn’t like the second gear shift with the tight converter. Ordered a new converter and this valve body. It should be interesting...

CACAEB36-DDB6-4FDF-B813-0D616CB30725.jpeg 7B5A28D3-33D0-49BD-8BD5-7DB80E1C24C3.jpeg BD6EF414-E117-4667-A5BB-306FD7398925.jpeg

Doug

The guy I helped last year with the big ci wedge RR, has an 11.3 SLR, with 4.10's/a low 1st gear 727 w/big torque on a small 10" hoosier@16psi, caltracs/mono's 9ways on 7 stiff, it hooks real good best is a 1.42 60@3800lbs but its not consistent in the 60's 1.42>1.52 cos of drivers inability to do the same routine everytime and even know what he's doing right and then wrong, as a brkt racer thats death.

Last edited:
The guy I helped last year with the big ci wedge RR, has an 11.3 SLR, with 4.10's/a low 1st gear 727 w/big torque on a small 10" hoosier@16psi, caltracs/mono's 9ways on 7 stiff, it hooks real good best is a 1.42 60@3800lbs but its not consistent in the 60's 1.42>1.52 cos of drivers inability to do the same routine everytime and even know what he's doing right and then wrong, as a brkt racer thats death.
I think the power level needs to be taken into consideration here. I’m going 1.46 60’ at 3950lbs leaving at low rpm on no boost and ramping it to 8psi. We which is maybe 1000 wheel horsepower ... we want to launch at 8psi and ramp to 20ish.

Last edited:
Consistency with 10.53 SLR. Last time out 10.5 tire, foot brake with starting rpm set by tach (no starting chip), no air shift. Runs #2 /#6 60 ft was with the rear tire. Run #1 throttle was set at 3/4 open to test 9.25 index run. Last passes the engine was wounded and fell off .02 then .05
Doug

2021 131 log.JPG

Consistency with 10.53 SLR. Last time out 10.5 tire, foot brake with starting rpm set by tach (no starting chip), no air shift. Runs #2 /#6 60 ft was with the rear tire. Run #1 throttle was set at 3/4 open to test 9.25 index run. Last passes the engine was wounded and fell off .02 then .05
Doug

View attachment 1151016
Very nice. What software are you using for that data?

Auto Transport Service
Back