• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cordoba Convertibles were built in 1980 too.

RWG75

Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
While digging around my archives for the 77 thread, I discovered proof that the 80-83 Cordoba / Mirada / Imperial were also top chopped by a shop in Florida. It's a good news bad news thing. Back in the day, those fake roadster roofs suckered me in to ALOT of used car lots looking for the real deal. Most convincing fake drop top I'd ever seen and the more than passing resemblance between the Mirada and the 400 made me think that some had been planned by Chrysler. No, I'm not going to dig in to it.

American Cars, 1973-1980: Every Model, Year by Year
https://books.google.com/books?id=P...INDAC#v=onepage&q=cordoba convertible&f=false

Amer_Cars_73-80_a.jpg Amer_Cars_73-80_b.jpg

Apparently Global Coach also went by the name Innsbrook Manufacturing. Ok, so I chased it a little bit.

Innsbrook_1.jpg Innsbrook_2.jpg

I prefer the '75-'79 body style but I think the '80-'83 lends itself a better look "chopped". Just my opinion.

I've always leaned toward the round headlights - the stacked square set up never worked for me. I recall not liking the 80/up Dobas from the first time I saw them. I also recall rolling up behind many of them and thinking they looked exactly like the same year ford (ltd?).

The Mirada nose was much cooler than Doba and maybe a bit of a connection to Magnum. I'm still not crazy about the overall package buy yeah, this rag top actually works in the up position. If ya ask google about one, links to Miradas and maybe the only Imperial come up pretty quick.

Did anyone find out how many were made of the pre-80 and post 80's models?

Auto Transport Service
Back