• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cordoba tilt column in a 72 RR

PettyBlue72

Local time
9:07 AM
Reaction score
I hope this is the right section for this question. I have a line on a floorshift tilt column from a 79 Cordoba. Can this column be made to work in a 72 RR? The length should be the same but what issues other than the wiring would I run into if I attempted the conversion? Just thinking it might be cool to have tilt in my 72!

Thanks in advance,
Joe

I am thinking about buying this column but I need to know if it will work in my 72 or if it is even worth trying a conversion so any help will be appreciated.

Joe

I don't know how much work would be involved but if you can get it cheap enough and can handle some fabrication work I bet you could make it work. Does the 79 have the same style steering coupler?Check the lenght from the firewall out and overall lenght, if under the hood is the same and inside is close, you should be able to make it fit.

If you have access to a Hollander interchange manual, see if it calls out the same column for a non-tilt column for both cars. (Since the 72 didn't offer tilt) if it does, the tilt column is a bolt in.

Long time ago I swapped at 75 or so Cordoba tilt column into a 66 Belvedere wagon. As I recall, I swapped the floor plate and did some minor work on the column support at the dash and it was in.

Thanks for the info guys. I now have a lead on a tilt column locally. If it pans out, I might give it a try.

Joe

Auto Transport Service
Back