• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corona Build 1975 Roadrunner

Krazy Ken

Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
With time off do to Corona virus started into my 75 after 20 years in storage. Body a lot better shape then thought with minimal rust for a Canadian car eh. Was brother in law’s till passed away, he bought most of chrome trim, decals and emblems before being discontinued. Having trouble finding rear defroster glass as it broke in storage, local dealer part number saying only in 1975-78 Fury,Coronet, Monaco. Different numbers for Cordoba, Charger of same year. So if anyone in Western Canada knows of mopar wrecker or similar would be great to get info. Car was in accident earlier in its life, drivers side, terrible repaint and repairs cheap. Noticed LH front fender not sitting right, now apart possible frame has twist, have to find info on measurement. Finding lots of info on this Forum, so thanks guys for all the info.

F17C944F-68C3-47C8-9AE7-4542D475E696.jpeg 04D3B381-3E5C-4241-A358-D2F8F6CEDE63.jpeg 75858DE6-57F2-4AEC-9A2D-DF52DF73C45D.jpeg 9491EB53-4908-4203-AA0A-D637E126F759.jpeg 19DB09A9-F40A-4EB8-9099-39D2F2ED6207.jpeg 27CF5B71-AB83-486F-9282-A1D2C03F2ADC.jpeg

With time off do to Corona virus started into my 75 after 20 years in storage. Body a lot better shape then thought with minimal rust for a Canadian car eh. Was brother in law’s till passed away, he bought most of chrome trim, decals and emblems before being discontinued. Having trouble finding rear defroster glass as it broke in storage, local dealer part number saying only in 1975-78 Fury,Coronet, Monaco. Different numbers for Cordoba, Charger of same year. So if anyone in Western Canada knows of mopar wrecker or similar would be great to get info. Car was in accident earlier in its life, drivers side, terrible repaint and repairs cheap. Noticed LH front fender not sitting right, now apart possible frame has twist, have to find info on measurement. Finding lots of info on this Forum, so thanks guys for all the info.

View attachment 936968 View attachment 936969 View attachment 936970 View attachment 936971 View attachment 936972 View attachment 936974

I have a complete rear defroster glass for a Cordoba/Magnum here in Calgary if you are interested not sure if the different part number would make that much of a difference. PM me and I can make you a good deal on it. Otherwise I get all my Mopar parts from Dale Flatla in Tilley AB he has acres of Mopars.

https://www.flatlaautowrecking.ca/

Those are cool cars. Good luck with it!

I have a new remote drivers side mirror for that car too if you’re looking

I have a complete rear defroster glass for a Cordoba/Magnum here in Calgary if you are interested not sure if the different part number would make that much of a difference. PM me and I can make you a good deal on it. Otherwise I get all my Mopar parts from Dale Flatla in Tilley AB he has acres of Mopars.

https://www.flatlaautowrecking.ca/
Thanks!! I’m not sure what difference there is going to have to cut out shape and bring trim piece if I can’t find one for RR

Funk-in YEA!!!!!

With these late B body cars, the difference’s in them are few and slight from the beginning of the run to the end of the run. Depending on what the car was equipped with will dictate what could be in the car. They all have rear drums and front discs but change from the small to large disc at one point with both style of calipers available. Rear drums were most always @ 10 inch with 11’s available. T bars are engine size dependent, as usual.
Ether a 8-1/4 or a big blocks 9-1/4 were used. 727 behind big blocks and the 904 behind small blocks.

The hardest part of these cars is interior and body. That’s the rough part to jump through. Otherwise, there not that hard to contend with.

IF I was you, I would die myself of the rear ends ISO suspension and weld on the earlier more conventional spring perches for use with earlier style springs. The lower metal bracket that holds the rubber biscuit rots and will rip due to Torsional stress. I’ve replaced mine twice. I won’t be doing that again! I will also be moving to springs inboard and installing sub frame connectors like JohnnyMac is doing his build thread.

I was hoping to start it up this spring... but that wonderful Corona virus is putting a damper on everything!

I’ve owned 2 Magnums (1 at a time) since ‘94.
If there is anything I or we can help with, just post it.
3DD12136-28A0-4956-9A5A-3C3AC934E0A2.jpeg
87FD90CE-F2C8-4A83-9509-0678F6432EF0.jpeg
F6D96F25-AE7D-4DD7-9EFE-CDCF46A48068.jpeg
6121A236-625C-4265-874E-9C99EEC7002C.jpeg
D7116997-F89C-436B-8719-D3B212D3277F.jpeg

Yeah got to look at rear suspension, RH spring pushed up into trunk, looks weak to me. Either strengthen or go with a link set up. Sister figures from back road jumping in the 80s

What is the goal for the car?
Moving the springs into the frame is an excellent idea if wide tires for a lot of power is the game plan.

What engine/trans does it have?

Cool project. I've always liked these with the "tunnel" trunk lid decal. There used to be a black one running around the town I grew up in with a big block and a tunnel ram. At that time the car was only about 5 years old.

What is the goal for the car?
Moving the springs into the frame is an excellent idea if wide tires for a lot of power is the game plan.

What engine/trans does it have?
Planning as a cruiser for now. Going to update engine, intake, carb or fuel injection, distributor. Has 400/727, 9 1/4 with I believe 3.23

Thanks!! I’m not sure what difference there is going to have to cut out shape and bring trim piece if I can’t find one for RR
Checked his website and found proper glass. Surprised how fast he replied now have a road trip coming up

Planning as a cruiser for now. Going to update engine, intake, carb or fuel injection, distributor. Has 400/727, 9 1/4 with I believe 3.23
I ran that combo in my second (pictured) Magnum. It was unfortunately the low compression 400 from 1978. It was a P code engine. But it still sucked in my opinion. I added headers, a Holley Street Dominator, an electric choke TQ, a MP distributor / Chrome box ignition combo and a ‘72 trap door air cleaner. The exhaust was full @ 2-1/2 with Hooker Aero Chambers. 245/60/15’s on all 4 corners.

It got 3.55’s at one point and that was a nice little increase in performance.

Good to see you working on it. I still have my 75 Road Runner too. I'm in BC, not far away. If I can help in any way let me know.

Good to see you working on it. I still have my 75 Road Runner too. I'm in BC, not far away. If I can help in any way let me know.
Thanks! Lots of sourcing out parts, big price differences from local venders have to check everything, crazy can get 50% differences. Online really have to watch shipping costs. Where you at in BC?

Funk-in YEA!!!!!

With these late B body cars, the difference’s in them are few and slight from the beginning of the run to the end of the run. Depending on what the car was equipped with will dictate what could be in the car. They all have rear drums and front discs but change from the small to large disc at one point with both style of calipers available. Rear drums were most always @ 10 inch with 11’s available. T bars are engine size dependent, as usual.
Ether a 8-1/4 or a big blocks 9-1/4 were used. 727 behind big blocks and the 904 behind small blocks.

The hardest part of these cars is interior and body. That’s the rough part to jump through. Otherwise, there not that hard to contend with.

IF I was you, I would die myself of the rear ends ISO suspension and weld on the earlier more conventional spring perches for use with earlier style springs. The lower metal bracket that holds the rubber biscuit rots and will rip due to Torsional stress. I’ve replaced mine twice. I won’t be doing that again! I will also be moving to springs inboard and installing sub frame connectors like JohnnyMac is doing his build thread.

I was hoping to start it up this spring... but that wonderful Corona virus is putting a damper on everything!

I’ve owned 2 Magnums (1 at a time) since ‘94.
If there is anything I or we can help with, just post it.
View attachment 937045 View attachment 937046 View attachment 937047 View attachment 937048 View attachment 937049
Looking at your top pic, did you add support support from firewall to frame?

Thanks! Lots of sourcing out parts, big price differences from local venders have to check everything, crazy can get 50% differences. Online really have to watch shipping costs. Where you at in BC?
sent you a PM

Looking at your top pic, did you add support support from firewall to frame?
Nope, that is the way the factory made it and no additional work was done. I patched up some rot that was surrounding the door hinges. Fought it down to bare metal, primed and painted it the OE “Spinnaker White.”

Awesome build your doing. I like your bumpers got me thinking instead of rechroming make some light fibreglass. Have to get mine in air to see what you did on your rear suspension. Those stock springs just relocated?
Thank you! They are superstock springs. They are STIFF. i may end up pulling a leaf out.

The fiberglass can be fun but time consuming. If these cars didn't have such goofy angles, I would have just slid the OE bumper shell in...But that looked even goofier.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back