• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coronet Interior is almost complete

Hemi2Much

Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
Been working hard on the car the last few weeks and have the engine compartment and interior. I have the interior about 90% complete. Still have kick panels, sill plates, and seat belts to mount. Other than that it's complete. Next week I'm moving on to the suspension.
I hope to have my engine and transmission back in about a month.
The interior is not perfect but nice for a driver.

processed-952b8861-2906-4d85-8507-698c8f693845_Wn4FO3DN.jpeg processed-fffb44ff-7061-4c71-9ed8-a6dc34008406_WLN9hhJR.jpeg processed-5c2be633-3c5d-4e8b-b4bf-f8834bd869eb_JIpyIBa3.jpeg processed-8860d96a-5529-45c1-92f7-7581cdb6c527_DqqrYBlU.jpeg

The interior's looking sharp - nice job! Did you do the upholstery yourself?

The interior's looking sharp - nice job! Did you do the upholstery yourself?
Yes, even the headliner I did myself. The seats are pretty much the only thing original on the interior. Being an ex-Super Stock car the original owner pretty much stripped everything out of the interior except the seats, door panels, and one seat belt. The original panels were in really bad shape so I ordered new ones from Legendary
It's amazing what these guys did and got away with in drag racing back in the '60s
I can't imagine getting away with factory seat belts and no roll cage running in a modern-day Super Stock class.

It's amazing what these guys did and got away with in drag racing back in the '60s
I can't imagine getting away with factory seat belts and no roll cage running in a modern-day Super Stock class.

It's not that they "got away" with this, it's just that the more stringent safety requirements had yet to be developed and enforced. NA$CAR was the very same way.

Auto Transport Service
Back