• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct A833 tailshaft for 70 B body?

beeguy

Banned
Banned
Local time
1:14 PM
Reaction score
I've got two 833 4 speeds, one has a C-99127 tailshaft and one has the B/E type C-99538 tailshaft. from what I'm told they'll both work in a 70 B body but the transmission mount is a few inches different between the two, I don't have the engine in the car so I can't measure it and I don't want to rebuild the wrong one. anyone know which one is correct?

The trany mount should be the same on both tranys. The B/E dual mount tail shaft would be the one to use for a 70.

Now I figured it out, in 1970 they moved the mount forward on the 833 so that auto and 4spd cars would use the same crossmember. not what you'd expect from mopar.

So if you want to use a pre 1970 4 spd you have to have a pre 1970 rear crossmember or modify your '70 one.

Do you have pics of these two tranys? The mounts should be in the same spot from year to year.

I can try to post a couple, but on the 69 and ealier tailshaft that doesn't have the dual mount for B a nd E bodies the mount is definetly a few inches forward, you can spot it at a glance.

Auto Transport Service
Back