• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct axle bearing for 63 Dodge polara

FREDDY502

Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Hi
Anyone out there know what the correct part number is for the axle bearings on a 63 Dodge Polara with original tapered axles
I tried checking with Timken and Yukon but no one can tell me this info
I have a bent axle and need to replace bearings first then check out the carrier bearings in the rear. Got a grinding noise and wheel looks a little wobbly when spinning off the ground
Thanks
Fred

Timken # 25821, Made In Canada, shown in a picture of one on an axle in the shop. Jeff J

PXL_20210819_171710777.jpg

25821 is the race (cup) number. 25877 is the bearing (cone) number

Thanks
By the way, do u know if the axle has a c clip in differential. I have 4:89 case with suregrip and have not removed one of these for many years

Thanks
By the way, do u know if the axle has a c clip in differential. I have 4:89 case with suregrip and have not removed one of these for many years
Nope, no C clip and it's impossible to have a C clip setup with a 3rd member type rear end.

Thanks again for axle info.
I am now ready to pull tapered axle from my 63 and wondering if anyone knows number of axle bearing seals. It appears there is an inner and an outer seal? Not sure what else I will run into since I have not done this in over 50 years.

There is an inner lip type seal to keep the gear oil away from the bearing. National part number is 8133S. I believe there is a foam compression ring that goes between the backing plate and the axle housing flange, to keep wheel bearing grease from seeping out onto the backing plate. I'd just used some RTV to seal the flange as the foam on my 62 was pretty well shot. Remember you need to pack the bearings and you need one of those heavy duty 3 leg drum pullers to get the drum/hub off the tapered end of the axle.

Auto Transport Service
Back