• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct power steering pump for 68 383 with A/C

F4R/T

Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
Guys, I have a question what is the correct power steering pump for my 68 sport satellite with a 383 and A/C factory. The articles and books I’ve seen say the TRW was used with out A/C. That leaves the Federal and Saginaw pumps. For those that have any info I would sure appreciate it. My FSM doesn’t specify nor does the Dave Wise guides...I just would like to put on what was supposed to be there..
Thanks !

Guys, I have a question what is the correct power steering pump for my 68 sport satellite with a 383 and A/C factory. The articles and books I’ve seen say the TRW was used with out A/C. That leaves the Federal and Saginaw pumps. For those that have any info I would sure appreciate it. My FSM doesn’t specify nor does the Dave Wise guides...I just would like to put on what was supposed to be there..
Thanks !

From what I know myself.... in 68 the p/s pump would have been either the Federal or possible
TRW pump, cause the Saginaw pump was introduced in 69, for BB Chryslers. I have a non A/C
68 Satellite with a 383/727 car w/p/steering, and it has a federal pump on it with a single
groove pulley. I am pretty sure that Chrysler did not have a 2 groove p/s pump, at least
on the year of car I am talking about. On a completely OEM A/C BB. the A/C belts ran
around crank, fan pulley, a/c pump, and idlers, and a 2 groove alternator. I am sure the other folks
here will add more info, as I my not be exactly right on what I have said. Hope this helps you!

Actually, it is the opposite. Saginaw and TRW pumps existed first. In 67 they introduced the Federal for 318 C body only. Early on it was for C bodies.

If you look at the parts manual and concentrate on the pullies. It looks like the option for B body BB is the Small TRW pump. AC not specified. So, my guesstimation....is TRW small pump with the BB pulley.

Thanks guys I appreciate the help..

Auto Transport Service
Back