• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct Suspension install.

greenmachine

Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
Hi all

I am in the process of installing my refurbished/new front suspension and wanted to make sure I'm not doing it wrong. I purchased a PST polygraphite kit and so far have been impressed with the quality of the parts and PST's customer service. James is quick to respond.
Here is my order of how I'm doing, if wrong let me know.
1. Powder coated, reinforced K frame bolted to the front frame.
2.) LCA inserted into the k member but only hand tight at this time as to not ruin the bushings. Also I pre-greased both the bushing and the grease able pin.
3.) insert the new torsion bars from the back body attachment point into the LCA with the new boots attached, greased, no adjustment plates/bolts in the LCA to give maximum clearance for the torsion bars, install retention clips in back of torsion bars.
4.) UCA's
5.) shocks, steering linkage. Etc.
6) spindles, disk brake kit.
I appreciate the help. Don't want to screw up my first Mopar muscle car. Erik.

Hi all

I am in the process of installing my refurbished/new front suspension and wanted to make sure I'm not doing it wrong. I purchased a PST polygraphite kit and so far have been impressed with the quality of the parts and PST's customer service. James is quick to respond.
Here is my order of how I'm doing, if wrong let me know.
1. Powder coated, reinforced K frame bolted to the front frame.
2.) LCA inserted into the k member but only hand tight at this time as to not ruin the bushings. Also I pre-greased both the bushing and the grease able pin.
3.) insert the new torsion bars from the back body attachment point into the LCA with the new boots attached, greased, no adjustment plates/bolts in the LCA to give maximum clearance for the torsion bars, install retention clips in back of torsion bars.
4.) UCA's
5.) shocks, steering linkage. Etc.
6) spindles, disk brake kit.
I appreciate the help. Don't want to screw up my first Mopar muscle car. Erik.

I'd put the upper control arms in first so the LCA's aren't in the way. This might be a good time to hang the shocks depending on how hard it is to get them in on a fully assembled front chassis. I like to work from the top down but each to his own.

Making progress. Ready for disk/caliper.

image.jpg

The only question is calibers in the back or the front. The only answer could be which does the brake hose fit better. They can be run either way. I mounted mine on rear first then finished with them forward, but I do remember why I changed them(5 or so years back). They did not interfere with the sway bar either way.

Don't you love how new rotors look!

Auto Transport Service
Back