• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct washer jar color for my Superbird and front nose guard screws?

repsol17

Local time
5:53 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my windshield wash fluid reservoir and I noticed there are two colors offered for the 68-70 B-bodies by "Year One". The clear or white (p/n G95) and the yellow (p/n G95Y).

My current one is yellowish and cracked and I'm not sure if the yellow is from age or partially original in color (see pic)

1) Which is the correct color I need ?

I am also missing the original 2 screws that holds the reservoir down. I also see that Year One offers these screws (p/n SR149) which I presume are the correct OEM style used. At $7 bucks each that seems insane.

2) Is there someone else that sells this type of screw cheaper and what's the size ? It looks like a pan head with a fixed washer.

and last....I need to replace the screws that hold the front rubber guard to the tip of nose. There are 6 screws total. Of the 6 that I removed 4 are all different with only 2 looking the same, which I presume are correct...BUT could be wrong too.

3) Do the 2 screws (pic) look correct and does anyone sell them too? and is there a chance that these screws are the same type used for the wash reservoir is question above?

Thanks

Wash jar-1.jpg Screws.jpg

The yellow washer bottle is if you trying to make the car look unrestored. Buy the white one for restoration. I will look at my car in about a hour but from memory the washer bottle and front rubber strip do not use the same screws.

The washer bottle screws are 10-16 x 11/16 with a 0.50 captive washer. They are a zinc finish.

The screws you pictured look correct for the washer bottle. My screws on the front bumper strip are not correct, so no use in telling you anything there. The ones holding mine on are from a local hardware store and the heads look similar to the one you had pictured but no captive washer.

Bird.. insane.. sounds about right. I'll have to grab a pic of my nose bumper screws tomorrow.

The #10 screw that was used with the washer bottles was also used in a variety of applications. I have seen them on the fuel filler neck seals, fuel ECS seals, etc. I believe that the wing car screw may have what I call a dog point tip or the type "BT".

Some fasteners had a variety of applications.

Thanks everyone chiming in ! Huge help thus far

It seems that the front nose guard may have been held on by similar screws with captive washers too. The only two screws that appeared identical on my nose were both #10 x 5/8 pan heads with the 0.05 captive washer. The other four were pretty obvious replacements.

But I could be totally wrong as 50 years of who knows what... many screws could of been mixed along the way..lol

I'm looking to replace my windshield wash fluid reservoir and I noticed there are two colors offered for the 68-70 B-bodies by "Year One". The clear or white (p/n G95) and the yellow (p/n G95Y).

My current one is yellowish and cracked and I'm not sure if the yellow is from age or partially original in color (see pic)

I am also missing the original 2 screws that holds the reservoir down. I also see that Year One offers these screws (p/n SR149) which I presume are the correct OEM style used. At $7 bucks each that seems insane.

2) Is there someone else that sells this type of screw cheaper and what's the size ? It looks like a pan head with a fixed washer.

and last....I need to replace the screws that hold the front rubber guard to the tip of nose. There are 6 screws total. Of the 6 that I removed 4 are all different with only 2 looking the same, which I presume are correct...BUT could be wrong too.

3) Do the 2 screws (pic) look correct and does anyone sell them too? and is there a chance that these screws are the same type used for the wash reservoir is question above?

Thanks

View attachment 869127 View attachment 869159
I believe those two screws are correct for your bump strip, but I am going off memory.

]

brand new they came white
after 2 years they turned yellow most likely from under hood heat.

Auto Transport Service
Back