• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Couple flubs on GYC tonight OAD 11/17

YY1

Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
1- Mark says "first gonna tighten down the corners" when installing an oil pan.

I've always been taught to torque from the center out.

Locate the corners, OK but tighten, center out.

2- Alyssa says about first year Challenger - " entry V8 is 340"

Wrong. 318.

Silly mistake but made it to production.

Just sayin'.

Huge DVD show. Mark W almost makes it unwatchable Wish they would share the knowledge, which seems to be considerable at times , and save the foolishness for someone else.

We have Motor Trend on Demand and GYC is listed. It starts with the 4 season but Dayum those people are annoying. We love the Roadkill stuff.

I couldn't watch the first several seasons either - the fake, scripted drama was so damn annoying between Worman and that Darrell(sp?) guy it was unwatchable.
The last few seasons, they changed the cast and that annoying dude is gone. Worman has changed his shtick to be Mr. Warmth to the guys and pro magnum expert on everything, a teacher of sorts. The obnoxious daughter isn't much to watch, either, but at least a lot of the fake drama is gone.

I got bored with it too. But as of late they have cut down on the silliness. I still only watch it when my wife tells me I have 4 episodes on the DVR..

only seen 3 or 4 shows .... not a fan. ya can know ya stuff without the im a god mentality. ..... ya id work there for free .... lol

Not a fan of GYC. I have watched a few and the cars look nice, but was annoyed with all the stupid antics and drama.
I am a RoadKill fan. Just car guys having fun.

I like roadkill too. I want to like GYC, but Worman can be a moron.

I believe Alyssa was referrng to base line challenger RT engine which would be 340.

Well, then I believe there's another technicality.

IIRC the 340 1970 Challenger was not an RT.

According to the Hamtramck Historical documentation, the dealer lit specifically says the 340 is "not available" on the R/T.

I'm just sayin' that if you're gonna make all these skill and knowledge claims, to the point of assuming the viewers don't know things and you are going to "educate" them.

...get your facts straight...and proofread and double check them.

According to the Hamtramck Historical documentation, the dealer lit specifically says the 340 is "not available" on the R/T.

I'm just sayin' that if you're gonna make all these skill and knowledge claims, to the point of assuming the viewers don't know things and you are going to "educate" them.

That is the point I have made many times through the years. The viewers as a whole buy into his nonsense in regards to the information and the claim as being the best.....Both of which we know are not true......but to the lay, uneducated audience they think they do "perfect" restorations.....

road kill is the way to go ... we all have done what thay are doing at some point in our gear head life span. most of what i know about mopar's (and other cars) came from working in a so cal salvage yard in the late 70's early 80's. hands on is the way to go. .... when some one drives in a all original 69 4 speed RR and sells it to ya for 75 bucks .... ya kinda learn what gose where and why. .. and ya my wife at the time hated me working there .... id come home on friday with 1/2 a pay check and a new mopar ..... at one point i had 2 SC 360 hornet's in my driveway at the same time. and ya .... judge made me sell them all and give her the money.

My best friend has a 70 340 challenger she bought in the early eighties. Referred to by the e-body guys as a66 car, it is Not a R/T car, but the previous owner way-back -when dressed it as one. Now she won't show the challenger because judges deduct for r/t badges and stripes. It's too bad, cause there hasn't been a legitimate a66 at spring fling or fall fling in years. (At least not that i saw ).

I like the show for the cars, the Worman antics are long in the tooth but I can see past that.

I can remember seeing an episode where Mark is setting up axle endplay and he doesn't use a dial indicator and ends up with what visibly looked like 1/8" of in and out play!! Locked it down lol. Same with assembling engines...I have never seen them measure pushrods, piston rings, bearing clearance, piston valve interference, etc. Not saying they don't but watching the cuts of them slapping them together leaves a lot on the table.

Myself & my sons will text back&forth while it’s on. I’m the supposed “expert”, but I only remember the 68’s(kinda). Lots of fun though .

Up until this show aired on tv, I NEVER heard of this guy.....all the MOPAR mags I bought and read over the years, with articles on shops and guys/gals in the know, building up their businesses and reputations...not one peep about this guy....nada...nothing!!

If all it takes is being an owner of ONE car to be an expert.....then lookout, I owned a 1968 Dodge Coronet with a factory slant six, so any of you guys doing a resto or anything...let me know, for a small fee, I will give you the info you need to build that baby up....slant six.....HEMI...it don't matter, I got ya covered.....cause my Dad is an electrician, and he has an awesome set of tools!!!

But seriously.....love the fact that there is a show that will focus on the MOPAR brand.....but you almost need a barf bag to try and watch it straight through!

Auto Transport Service
Back