• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Couple more 69 Convertible questions

pearljam724

Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
What is the 1” hollowed-out square on the rear arm rest panels for ? Above the rear ash trays. Or am I missing a piece that is intended to fill the square holes ?
Question 2: There is a very small chrome trim ring on the front doors that surrounds the lock knobs. Are those available anywhere? I’ve yet to see them available.

Found answer to my second question, called ferrules. Damn those little things are expensive. Over 30 bucks

The door lock knob ferrueles should be around $15 for the reproductions. Your looking at the wrong vendor if they are charging $30 for them.

They are just metal sockets, similar to the tail light sockets. And they come on with the door switch

The door lock knob ferrueles should be around $15 for the reproductions. Your looking at the wrong vendor if they are charging $30 for them.

Yeah, I see the’re actually low as 8 bucks.

They are just metal sockets, similar to the tail light sockets. And they come on with the door switch

Ok, I would think there’s suppose to be a specific mount ? I’ve been googling, etc. No pictures or information pertaining to these bulbs, wiring, mount, etc that I can find. I would really like to install these. Only interior light my car has is the map, light. And it’s about worthless, lol !

The sockets just clip into the backside of your trim panels. The wiring and sockets should be a part of your rear light harness. I’ll get a couple pictures when I go out to the garage

The sockets just clip into the backside of your trim panels. The wiring and sockets should be a part of your rear light harness. I’ll get a couple pictures when I go out to the garage

I would really appreciate that, Crider. I hope my sockets are down behind the panels. Cause all I have now, is empty holes. I’ve looked quite extensively online, I’ve found nothing in reference to the sockets, etc. I did manage to find 2 blurred pictures in google with cars with those rear lights on.

First is a close up of a socket. I think they are the same as console light sockets if you need to find replacements. Second is of the location of the left side wiring. The right side is taped to your top pump wires and then crosses over and down in front of the wheelhouse. Last 2 pics are of the backside of a trip panel. The sockets just clip into the round holes. Hope this helps
62E044DF-1393-4D28-AF6E-86952412AD9B.jpeg
6D55CA2C-D559-4871-8096-3B4B72BBA418.jpeg
0F4AF7D7-9E60-4D3E-8A4D-94E99FE6772A.jpeg
1C3B365F-00C2-41FF-97B2-9EBCAA17BC25.jpeg

It absolutely does help. I can’t thank you enough for that effort. Now I ll know what to look for. Hopefully, I can manage to find some if mine aren’t there. Was there a lens that went over the square hoe on the panel ? Those lights are pretty important on a convertible. Having no dome light.

Hole, not hoe. Lol ! My holes aren’t round, they small squares. About 1 square inch. I don’t see those sockets being able to clip on anywhere. Maybe my sockets are much smaller using smaller bulbs ?

They don’t clip into the square hole. They go in the round hole that is in behind the panel and just shine through the square opening. The pic I sent is the backside of the panels. No lenses that I know of. I’ve had 3 sets of interior panels during this project and none had lenses in those openings

Nope, no lenses. I've had 3 70 Satty droptops.

Thank you, guys. I’d really like to get these to work. I believe I can, thanks to the insight and help. On the subject of light. I also noticed for the first time today. My ignition switch, has a hole above it. That appears to be missing a socket and bulb ? Just a round hole. No damn wonder my car hasn’t enough lighting. It’s missing all the interior lights. I thought, it was because it was a convertible, lol ! What does the ignition swiitch, bulb socket look like ?

Hole above the ignition switch is for an optional light kit. All cars had the hole but not all had the kit.

Yeah, it’s an extension arm off the switch that holds the bulb. I found one used on Ebay. Not really worth it, lol !

Yeah, it’s an extension arm off the switch that holds the bulb. I found one used on Ebay. Not really worth it, lol !
Yea, they really aren’t worth the cost. By the time you find an extension harness and the relay it adds up and you get very little light other being able to see the key hole in the dark

Auto Transport Service
Back