• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Covid 19 / Coronavirus

gdrill

Just enjoying "B"-ing here
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
Stuck in the past, just North of Montana....
There are many threads already about this new part of our world. I see many brush it off like a common cold. Many take it very seriously. Some are probably in full panic mode. I’m in the serious group. I think we are entering a new era of lifestyle choice. People are not sure how bad or not bad it really is. Sure the media plays stuff up for ratings. How can we believe them?

Then I got thinking, a member here has this virus. He is struggling to breath. Many of our members on both the A-body and B-body sites are actually in their senior years. I’m afraid before this is over we as an internet family could very well lose a friend or two.

Take care my friends. May you and your families fair we’ll through this scenario.

The percentage of people cured at home with only rest surpass 80%, is it serious m? yes, IMHO, this is over reacted world wide, only the very old and Ill, are not gonna make it if they got sick, completely agree with you, stay safe and stay healthy.

only the very old and Ill, are not gonna make it if they got sick
Actually only a very small % of the "very old and ill" are likely to have potentially a lethal outcome.
I know I never paid attention to the annual deaths caused by the more common influenza virus, but then too, most people have antibodies against that, from exposure and/or vaccines.
No one has antibodies against COVID-19, and therein lies the problem.

I just happened to read this after my earlier post:
The Orleans Parish resident was a 58-year-old individual with underlying health conditions. The patient was being treated at Touro Infirmary Hospital and Medical Center.
"It is with heavy hearts that we announce the first Louisiana death related to COVID-19 today,” said Gov. Edwards
I don't have "underlying health issues" but I am 58. I can only guess what the deceased health issues were, but I think it may have been a compromised immune system.
I live in South Louisiana, but my parish (county for the other 49 states) only has a couple of confirmed cases, but one of my clients is highly likely to be seeing the afflicted. I am already practicing personal protection steps against being infected, like wearing surgical gloves when I went shopping today.
https://www.katc.com/news/covering-louisiana/louisiana-reports-first-covid-19-related-death

I'm one of the guys that is taking it not so serious.

Everyone else... run for your lives!

That being said everyone take care and use common sense.

It's coming in by the trainload!
89843575_10156588987190683_7249658642482331648_n.jpg

Thank you Gdrill.
positive news,im able to breath a lot better today,the fever seems? to have retreated,the lightheadness is dissipating,and the headaches have retreated.
i think? im on the far side of this finally.

the scary stuff...im the guy who was in healthy condition and worked daily outside.
this thing put me down like i was a toddler.
it makes your brain feel like its swelling up inside your own head.
this combined with not being able to breath fully will mess you up bad.

tips..bags of frozen veggies for ice packs for the headaches.
cans of spicy hot chili,lots of tea and fluids and crackers.
i think i should have bought stock in saltines ive eaten nothing but crackers for a week almost.
lots of paper towels and lysol everything.

again,dont pray for me..pray for the others who are in worse shape and even face death.
sincerely,Rob

Thank you Gdrill.
positive news,im able to breath a lot better today,the fever seems? to have retreated,the lightheadness is dissipating,and the headaches have retreated.

the scary stuff...im the guy who was in healthy condition and worked daily outside.

i think i should have bought stock in saltines ive eaten nothing but crackers for a week almost.

again,dont pray for me..pray for the others who are in worse shape and even face death.
sincerely,Rob
I didn't know you were ill, so glad you're ok and in the final stage of this decease.

I sure hope this is true and I think we should do similar. My wife has already told me about the disrespect in the stores. It’s terrible. The elderly folks need food and supplies too.

0A5A9674-0319-404A-A270-92D355B81B89.png

Glad you are turning the corner to getting well!
Since you've been through it, can you say just a yes/no if you needed a case of TP?

Thank you Gdrill.

sincerely,Rob
I forgot to ask, how is your family? Are they ok?

Thank you Gdrill.

sincerely,Rob

Rob, Just want you to know when some of us were joking around some do this in a crisis to lighten the mood so to speak. I said yes we can worry cry or grin and go on because the world has to or we all perish. I was never being disrespectful to anyone who is ill in anyway. Fact is I have had a few symptom's for a few days now as had my wife. We are just trying to convince each other that it is a coincidence. God speed to your recovery.
DC

I am taking it somewhat serious. My mother is 90 years old and actually in very good health but My wife and I told her we are going to stay away for the next couple of weeks for her sake. I, being a pretty healthy guy am not too worried about me but it's the others I am worried about.

I forgot to ask, how is your family? Are they ok?
this is my adopted family,for clarification.
my brother still has it my mom never even got it? immune? tg
and my dad got it but was treated Briefly by hospital and then sent home for self isolation.....
hes doing great thank God,because he had the worst lungs of the 3 of us.

and to biomedtechguy LOL no..
im baffled by the whole tp thing.....are they Eating the stuff??
personally i bought Lots of bottled water,soup,canned foods and frozen foods for the deep freezer.
i had actually went out and stocked up on supplies a few weeks ago so i could hideout on the hill and Avoid this shyt.
unfortunately,thats not how it ended up...this thing is everywheres !
and now im stuck on the hill till its over.

and hey...check out this bs.
i think we as citizens had better pay attention to what the officials in our towns/cities/states are Trying to do while we are sick and Not paying attention.
check out the last one,its a doozie for sure.

theft of property.jpg

this is my adopted family,for clarification.
my brother still has it my mom never even got it? immune? tg
and my dad got it but was treated Briefly by hospital and then sent home for self isolation.....
hes doing great thank God,because he had the worst lungs of the 3 of us.

and to biomedtechguy LOL no..
im baffled by the whole tp thing.....are they Eating the stuff??
personally i bought Lots of bottled water,soup,canned foods and frozen foods for the deep freezer.
i had actually went out and stocked up on supplies a few weeks ago so i could hideout on the hill and Avoid this shyt.
unfortunately,thats not how it ended up...this thing is everywheres !
and now im stuck on the hill till its over.

and hey...check out this bs.
i think we as citizens had better pay attention to what the officials in our towns/cities/states are Trying to do while we are sick and Not paying attention.
check out the last one,its a doozie for sure.

View attachment 923246
Propper use of the tp in this pandemic era...
IMG-20200316-WA0001.jpg
only logical way to use so much paper...

Some people are not taking this situation seriously, but they should. I work in a mid size hospital in a large city there are maybe 20 available beds. My wife works for a large hospital in the same city. Not certain of beds available there. This virus multiplies faster than the flu. We can not stop it yet. All elective surgeries should be postponed to open more beds. It is not just beds it is beds with med gas provisions, equipment such as IV pumps, ventilators, etc, and the staff who can care for the patients, assuming they themselves do not get sick too. We need to use the national guard and start setting up temp tent hospitals and making ready. If it turns out to be not needed that would be a great thing. If it is needed it will save lives. GOD Bless our nation and every one every where .

Auto Transport Service
Back