• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COVID lockdown Hell, a journey back home

GrabberOrange69

Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
I just got back from 141 days in Afghanistan. What a nightmare! Supposed to be an 86 day tour, but COVID lockdown and response kept me there. The journey home was trying, to say the least; 70 hours from the time my head last hit a pillow, and 47 hours straight on the road across four aircraft an a 3 hour drive from the final airport to home.

I work as a DoD contractor, and go over there often, but never had any trouble traveling. Well this time was different, as they locked the place down hard in April. No one was being allowed in, so my replacements couldn’t ever show. I just kept working, 12 hour shifts for 141 days straight, no days off, lol.

Glad to be back, thankful actually, but man thing have changed back home!

Digging the cars out for some driving in the next few days...

Last edited:
This country needs an enema.
Welcome back.

Thanks for the words, I’m glad to be back. Taking a drive to my local machine shop tomorrow and hoping they’re still in business. Got some work for them!

Welcome back home, for some deserved time off. Dig'em out and ride.

Glad your Home. Its different here. Hopefully we will have normal again one day.

Welcome back home and thank you for your service! Kick back and relax, you have "over earned it"!
Salute! :drinks::drinks::drinks:

I just got back from 141 days in Afghanistan. What a nightmare! Supposed to be an 86 day tour, but COVID lockdown and response kept me there. The journey home was trying, to say the least; 70 hours from the time my head last hit a pillow, and 47 hours straight on the road across four aircraft an a 3 hour drive from the final airport to home.

I work as a DoD contractor, and go over there often, but never had any trouble traveling. Well this time was different, as they locked the place down hard in April. No one was being allowed in, so my replacements couldn’t ever show. I just kept working, 12 hour shifts for 141 days straight, no days off, lol.

Glad to be back, thankful actually, but man thing have changed back home!

Digging the cars out for some driving in the next few days...
Thank you for your service and glad you're home. Now get your ride out give it a bath and take a ride.

Hopefully you made some really good coin for that trouble

welcome back to social distancing & total media spin

enjoy

Dang! Welcome back!
We have 4 from work serving in Afghanistan and they have been extended indefinitely.

Welcome back!

:xscuseless:
:D

Hopefully you made some really good coin for that trouble

welcome back to social distancing & total media spin

enjoy

The coin is good, but not good enough to have gone through that, lol. In other words, I’d have needed more per hour to sign up for the draconian social distancing measures (enforced by MPs) and forced 2 month work extension. To be fair to the command, though, the distancing measures worked; we went 2.5 months with the sh*t raging in the local populace before we got our first case on base.

Auto Transport Service
Back