• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cowl Gauges

67SniperHockey

Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
They’re not for everyone - but I like the nostalgic look of cowl gauges, and I like being different and unique. Just about finished up - some finishing touches needed yet.

Took some small threaded rod and some small round stock and welded them together to fit between the cowl vents - then twisted them 90 degrees to make the plate flush and bolt it down. Plate has a felt adhesive padding underneath it. Welded gauge cup mounting tabs to the plate and bolted everything together. Hood is a second hood I’ve already cut for hood scoop so didn’t bother cutting room for the braided lines.

IMG_5543.jpeg

IMG_5545.jpeg

IMG_5544.jpeg

IMG_5546.jpeg

Last edited:
They’re not for everyone - but I like the nostalgic look of cowl gauges, and I like being different and unique. Just about finished up - some finishing touches needed yet.

Took some small threaded rod and some small round stock and welded them together to fit between the cowl vents - then twisted them 90 degrees to make the plate flush and bolt it down. Plate has a felt adhesive padding underneath it. Welded coal cups to the plate and bolted together. Hood is a second hood I’ve already cut for hood scoop so didn’t bother cutting room for the braided lines.

View attachment 1471805

View attachment 1471806

View attachment 1471807

View attachment 1471808
I have had mine since 1982.
Mike
IMG_1386.JPG
IMG_1390.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back