• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crankshaft Bolt Pattern

Diz TheFiddler

Local time
1:31 AM
Reaction score
Howdy,

does anyone have a dimensioned drawing of the crankshaft (to flexplate) bolt pattern of a 360 LA small block?

Do stroker crankshafts usually have the original bolt pattern?

Thanks a lot...
Dieter

Howdy,

does anyone have a dimensioned drawing of the crankshaft (to flexplate) bolt pattern of a 360 LA small block?

Do stroker crankshafts usually have the original bolt pattern?

Thanks a lot...
Dieter
Yes, strokers have the typical 6 bolt or Hemi style 8 bolt. Here are the dimensions courtesy of my old DC Chassis book

6bolt.JPG 8bolt.JPG

Do you maybe have the bolt pattern of the relatively modern NAG1 converter to flexplate?
I have a flexplate from an '07 or so 6.1 that I think it had a NAG1 transmission. I only got the engine. Just in case it is not legible on the drawing, the flex plate to converter hole diameter is 0.358". The distance between these holes is 1.580" center of hole to center of hole. The distance from the center of the this hole to the crank centerline is 5.079". The pattern is symmetrical. I measured these with a dial caliper. On the usual 904/727, the holes in the flexplate for the torque converter 5/16" (0.312") converter bolts are 0.355" so there is quite a bit of wiggle room just in case you are a few thousandth off. There are several sb and bb "Mopar to powerglide, etc." for 6 bolt and 8 bolt crankshafts that have the ring gear on the flex plate. Maybe redrilling one of these for the NAG1 converter will work for you?

nag1-1.JPG nag1-2.JPG nag1-3.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks a lot my friend. The hint with the mopar to chevy trans is a good one...

Auto Transport Service
Back