• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crap! I ran out of interior paint

eagleone1983

Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
So there I was repainting my interior parts with SEM Landau Black and suddenly the spray can starting spitting up. NNNOOOOOO! So since it's Sunday I can't get another can until tomorrow. Will it be okay to put the second coat of paint over the day old first coat? I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I will be spraying these with the SEM semi-gloss clear after they all have dried for a day or so. I'm just worried the paint won't hold up now.

You will be fine. I was painting my interior parts with the SEM color pacific Blue and ran out of paint. The parts sat for almost 3 weeks before I got around to getting more paint. I just cleaned them again to make sure there was no dust or anything sitting on them and laid down another good coat. Looks great!

Attachments

• color change 010.jpg
    color change 010.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 167
Your parts look great. Thanks for the reassurance so when my wife gets me the paint today I can blow off my parts and continue with the painting. Did you clear your parts? and if so how was the durablility?

I have not cleared them yet...I am waiting till after I trial fit them and see how it looks, the paint is holding up real well. I actually had a bunch of them stacked up on the shelf in the closet and the cat knocked them over. I thought for sure they would be all scratched up, but to my relief there wasnt a scratch on them.

I used the whole SEM cleaning system though in addition to the color coat just to make sure they were completely clean. The SEM stuff is tons better than anything you buy at a national parts house.

I've just been scrubbing them with a gray scotchbrite and purple degreaser stuff. Then I rinse and air dry, wipe with laquer thinner, sand lightly with 500 grit, wipe again with laquer thinner, then paint.

Auto Transport Service
Back