• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crazy! 4-wide drag racing

Growing up going to so many tracks and event (with my dad and his racecar) it's different to me, but I guess It's pretty cool.

4 Wide not so cool.

On Saturday, the racers weren't used to the staging of the four lanes. It was kind of hokey. There were a lot of redlights and cars at half track with other cars still in the box.

Also, It was kind of a waste seeing the nitro cars run 4 wide. Just made it over that much faster and when they ran there was too much to watch in such a short time. Two funny cars blew their bodies off, the Die Hard completely shattered, and the other car just blew the lid. It was fun to be there, and a 4 wide is a cool new novelty, but I hope it really doesn't catch on at least for the nitro guys.

It would have been more fun to see the slower cars run 4 wide, but that didn't happen.

Also, It was kind of a waste seeing the nitro cars run 4 wide.

It was fun to be there, and a 4 wide is a cool new novelty, but I hope it really doesn't catch on at least for the nitro guys.

I had similar thoughts before I went, but after attending it, I found it to be more entertaining than I thought it would be. It was surprising to me that so many of the drivers had trouble with it, though. I think the key is that they need to get themselves staged earlier and concentrate on their own lanes more. I also think having the extra staging lights (the blue ones) side by side rather than vertical made it more confusing to them. Changing them to a vertical arrangement (pre-stage bulbs over the stage bulbs) would help eliminate some of the confusion. I think it would be a long time before you see more of it - with the layout of the tracks already limited - and the cost. But it sounds like they are going to put in two more lanes at Vegas.

i ws there loved it,, yes confusing to watch all 4 at one time iof they werent running together,,,but still was great ,some thing different,,throws a wrench in the plans,,makes them think,,shows whos really talented,, i hope they keep the spring zmax event 4 wide,,,

10zmddg1207_md.jpg

ZMAX 4 wide march 2010 216.jpg

ZMAX 4 wide march 2010 219.jpg

Great pic of Allen's Avenger, FF66!

hey thanks,, i love the new prostocker,,,they seem to have great power this year,, allen just needs to get that right foot working a little quicker,,,wheres darrell alderman,,,,,lol

You should email that pic to AJ's website if you haven't already. They like to post pics from the events. Too bad that the 4 wide ended up biting him in the end. He has had the car to win several times this year if not for RT.

You should email that pic to AJ's website if you haven't already. They like to post pics from the events. Too bad that the 4 wide ended up biting him in the end. He has had the car to win several times this year if not for RT.

i didnt know AJ,, had a web site,,,yes i agree he is a win waiting to happen,,,

Auto Transport Service
Back