• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crock pot cookers.....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:48 PM
Reaction score
Gonna do some chicken thighs with veggies....is it better to place the chicken in the pot first or pour in the veggies then put the chicken on top? Also plan on letting it cook on medium overnight.....or is that not a good idea? Figure on turning it on about 11 just before going to bed. Been using this crock pot for several years now and well, I'm usually tired by the time it's done when cooking during the day.

I would brown them in a skillet or grille first and cook overnight on low. It shouldn't make much difference which goes in first.

Chicken thighs on the smoker are delicious

Chicken thighs on the smoker are delicious
The package has 10 thighs and at the most, I can get 7 into the crock pot so the other 3 will get grilled or smoked. Most likely grilled.

008da69f-57b9-4edc-b968-c040d0f0d8ae_text.gif

It can smell up the house. Make it smell like cooking chicken. This can be a strange experience to wake up to.

If you think that will bother you, open a window of ventilate some other way.

I actually did add something, just nothing of value.

:D
Same same lol

It can smell up the house. Make it smell like cooking chicken. This can be a strange experience to wake up to.

Gonna be in the high 40's here tonight....rather smell something cooking than opening a window to cold air.

Vegetables on the bottom cut up rough.
Chicken on top of them and add chicken stock or water to barely cover veggies. Salt and pepper generously and add any seasoning you want.
Cook on low 12 hours at most. Check after 8 hours to see if you need more stock.

I’ve got an instant pot…instapot…
It’s the best thing since the microwave so far as I’m concerned…
Chili or stew in about an hour…it’s just a fancy pressure cooker but it makes those slow cooker meals take a fraction of the time…you can sear right in it and use it as a steamer…

as stated sear the meat…I put it on the top but I doubt it really matters…

Gonna do some chicken thighs with veggies....is it better to place the chicken in the pot first or pour in the veggies then put the chicken on top? Also plan on letting it cook on medium overnight.....or is that not a good idea? Figure on turning it on about 11 just before going to bed. Been using this crock pot for several years now and well, I'm usually tired by the time it's done when cooking during the day.

what's gonna happen to all the chicken grease? yuk

better than smelly feet

Vegetables on the bottom cut up rough.
Chicken on top of them and add chicken stock or water to barely cover veggies. Salt and pepper generously and add any seasoning you want.
Cook on low 12 hours at most. Check after 8 hours to see if you need more stock.
X2, well said!!

what's gonna happen to all the chicken grease? yuk
It congeals on the top once it's in the refer and then it's pretty easy to take a spoon and take it out. What happens to the grease when you grille or fry chicken? :)

Auto Transport Service
Back