• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cross over oiling for Indy Heads

67coronetman

Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
So how many out here use the Indy cross over oil lines and how many made up there own setup if so what did you use and show some pics ...
I am changing mine to a better line so any ideas would be great thanks.

I've never used [but have seen those] heads and lines. What are you exactly looking to do?

I've never used [but have seen those] heads and lines. What are you exactly looking to do?
Well I've tried new things as far as different oil lines but sometimes you get somebody who either put something together design something on their own that's a lot nicer that's why I was asking

at one time i thought about making up some metal lines but never did it. my thoughts were that metal lines with inverted flares may be more maintenance friendly.

Speedway Automotime seeks premed Teflon lined -3 & -4 braided steel lines in various let's cheap. Both straight and 90 degree ends. They work well.
Doug

at one time i thought about making up some metal lines but never did it. my thoughts were that metal lines with inverted flares may be more maintenance friendly.
Speedway Automotime seeks premed Teflon lined -3 & -4 braided steel lines in various let's cheap. Both straight and 90 degree ends. They work well.
Doug
Thanks is that what you run on your setup do you have a picture of what yours looks like just curious

Thanks is that what you run on your setup do you have a picture of what yours looks like just curious
I use speedways lines for brakes and gauges. Current motor is pushrod oiled so no lines. Last motor ran a 1/4 pipe T/double AN -4, then 2 lines from the T to 1/8"pipe/-4 fitting in each head. Used the other port at the back of the block for the oil pressure gauge.
Doug

heres my setup on my indy heads.

oil supply to gauges.JPG

As you can see they are oiled from the second oil plub in the block 1/4" I use one direct oil pressure gauge, one led oil pressure gauge and one low oil pressure light gauge. Hope this helps.

oil line indy 2.JPG oil line indy 1.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back