• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cross ram Torx size

RobBob

Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
What size Torx tool is used on the Max Wedge cross-ram intake manifold?

None. Are you referring to the plugs over the intake bolts? Use a ratchet extension, that is just an eight point socket.

Torx??? Torx did not exist when the cross ram manifolds were developed.... Those are 8 point double square, I think they are 3/4" it's been many years since I worked on one...

I'm pretty sure they are 1/2". I'm 200 miles away from mine or i would check to make sure.
Edit: Dont crush the o-ring! They dont need a lot of torque to seal!

I'm pretty sure they are 1/2". I'm 200 miles away from mine or i would check to make sure.

I'm sure your right, it was probably 80 or 81 when I last wrenched on the 70 Duster that had a Max Wedge top end on it....

When I first started to post in this thread I was remembering it being a double hex plug but saw your post & immediately realized I was wrong..... CRS is real...

Don’t crank it down like slug nut it will bust out! just snug it,check them for vacuumed leaks

I used these to seal manifold plugs, believe 3/4" ID. Fragola Racing is where I bought them, look under clamps &washers.
nylon washers.JPG
Was using O-rings but didn't like them.

Thank you everyone, the 1/2 ratchet worked perfectly

These gaskets I believe more like factory. Replace with a new one every time, I don't know. Don't if you use paper gaskets, on Hemi crossrams bolts are in manifold. If you use paper gaskets retorque manifold until bolts hold torque. I torque them every few hours and check next day. On Hemi's if you don't bolts can be sucked into engine.
copper gaskets.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back