• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crossfire

Basically a small Mercedes with different sheetmetal and a cheaper feeling interior. They are pretty quick and nimble though, as far as travelling in one it's a small 2 seater with a very small trunk.

Last edited:
No one here except Sonny - no owner - has told us how these cars really run. Any power? Handle? Enough room to travel in?
No chance yet to really use it. Bad weather. Nothing like my big B-Bodys.
Need to get the learning curve down. Not interested in boost or hot rodding, it's a pleasure to drive and look at standing still. Gave up hot rodding years ago when things that broke cost a mint to fix.
Yesterday was the first fix needed...right front marker light was burnt out, Zero cost, had several here and very EZ to change, spring clipped and no screws to loose.
It's a two seater and very little trunk space (2 twelve packs max) and did you know it is the only USA production car "I know of" that did no come with a spar tire. 19" rear and 18" front kinda like the AAR's
back in the day with different size tires front and rear.
The interior is high end as far as I am concerned, I'll post more pictures later today with the top down.
Somebody said they were $39K new??

The license plate that was questioned as to it being different in the two pics with the same girl and same car.

I sat in a Crossfire about 10 years ago.
No way I fit in the hardtop. The vert was close but there is a brace that hits me right on the crown of the head.

Need to get the learning curve down. Not interested in boost or hot rodding, it's a pleasure to drive and look at standing still. Gave up hot rodding years ago when things that broke cost a mint to fix.
Yesterday was the first fix needed...right front marker light was burnt out, Zero cost, had several here and very EZ to change, spring clipped and no screws to loose.
It's a two seater and very little trunk space (2 twelve packs max) and did you know it is the only USA production car "I know of" that did no come with a spar tire. 19" rear and 18" front kinda like the AAR's
The interior is high end as far as I am concerned, I'll post more pictures later today with the top down.

Well, the SRT-6 supercharged model was over $50k. They were rated 330 Hp vs 340 Hp for the Mercedes SLK Model(Same engine suspension). The SRT-6 is so fast and nimble and fun to drive. But comes with an 5spd automatic trans only. The computer shuts it down at 157MPH and the car does the 1/4 in the 13 teens. The only issue with the car is that it is very small inside and very little space for luggage. I am 6' 2" 250 and it is tough to get into. But once you are in it is comfortable. At my size you have very little head room and always hard to see the stop lights unless the top is down. This car will give our Chrysler 300 SRT8 a run for the money.

Attachments

• Crossfire window sticker.pdf
    713.2 KB · Views: 100
Well, the SRT-6 supercharged model was over $50k. They were rated 330 Hp vs 340 Hp for the Mercedes SLK Model(Same engine suspension). The SRT-6 is so fast and nimble and fun to drive. But comes with an 5spd automatic trans only. The computer shuts it down at 157MPH and the car does the 1/4 in the 13 teens. The only issue with the car is that it is very small inside and very little space for luggage. I am 6' 2" 250 and it is tough to get into. But once you are in it is comfortable. At my size you have very little head room and always hard to see the stop lights unless the top is down. This car will give our Chrysler 300 SRT8 a run for the money.
You guys forgot to mention, the reason they didn`t sell well, and not produced any more are , THEY ARE BUTT UGLY !!

used-2005-chrysler-crossfire-2drroadsterlimited-13319-17382673-2-1024.jpg

not ugly
used-2005-chrysler-crossfire-2drroadsterlimited-13319-17382673-3-1024.jpg

chrysler-crossfire-srt-6-photo-5421-s-original.jpg

Looks good in Yellow. Never really knew just how to feel about them or accept in Mopar family. As an owner of an 06 Daytona, not a big fan of the brief German relationship. Think Gertrag 5 speed auto.

Looks good in Yellow. Never really knew just how to feel about them or accept in Mopar family. As an owner of an 06 Daytona, not a big fan of the brief German relationship. Think Gertrag 5 speed auto.

Getrag supplies transmissions to a variety of automotive manufacturers, including BMW, Daimler AG, Ferrari, Mitsubishi, Porsche, Qoros, & etc.... has the highest power density in its class...

You guys forgot to mention, the reason they didn`t sell well, and not produced any more are , THEY ARE BUTT UGLY !!
No the reason they did not sell well because they were very over priced. I would have never paid $50k for a new Crossfire SRT-6 Roadster. I found mine with 2900 miles on it back in 09 and could not pass up a great deal for a car that has so much technology for a little more than $22k.

FWIW, my 2011 Cadillac CTS came without a spare. Instead, there was a tire repair plug kit and a 12 volt compressor with a lead long enough to reach the lighter receptacle...

I purchased mine NEW ...for 19K plus 05.7%tax....'05...in late 2006......@ 10;30 pm was dealing for 3-4 hours , would not let me out the door!.....
go figure!:drama:

mine had a 6 speed, leather, etc...even the luggage (from germany) awesome stereo...etc.

FWIW, my 2011 Cadillac CTS came without a spare. Instead, there was a tire repair plug kit and a 12 volt compressor with a lead long enough to reach the lighter receptacle...
Yes that's what this has also, wrapped up in plastic never been out of the trunk.
It's rare now to even get a flat tire.

I purchased mine NEW ...for 19K plus 05.7%tax....'05...in late 2006......@ 10;30 pm was dealing for 3-4 hours , would not let me out the door!.....
go figure!:drama:

mine had a 6 speed, leather, etc...even the luggage (from germany) awesome stereo...etc.
luggage would be cool, pair of socks and a tooth brush.

Auto Transport Service
Back