• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cruis' News is Gone......

hanks73340

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
Many subscribers from Michigan, Great Lakes region and Canada will have gotten this or will get this letter shortly.....

Mods - Not sure if this is for the Political forum or not. If it is please move this. Thanks in advance.

Just got the letter in the mail yesterday. Officially, Cruis News has closed its doors due to Covid-19. This was an awesome publication for the classic car hobby in the state of Michigan and surrounding Great Lakes region and Canada. Here is the content of the letter:

With very heavy hearts, we must announce that Cruis' News magazine is permanently closed as of May 15, 2020. After 25 years of building relationships with our award - winning magazine, the Covid - 19 pandemic has proven insurmountable for our business. Little did we know that Autorama 2020(Detroit Autorama) would be the last event Cruis' News would attend. When the Covid - 19 shut down started, we thanked our lucky stars that the April issue had been put to bed and sent on its way. At the time, we did not realize that would be our last magazine. The government stay at home mandate forced us to close the office and lay off our employees.

We complied and were hopeful, business would be up and running soon. Our reserve was eaten up quickly by paying rent, utilities, and expenses. Now that the mandate has been extended multiple times, we can no longer get by. Our advertising revenue disappeared when so many events for this summer cancelled and Michigan based small businesses(the backbone of our business) closed. The revenue we take in the summer helps carry us through the years. The loans offered by the government were not the answer for us because of the restrictions placed on the loans. We are grateful for the loyalty all of you have shown over the past 25 years and regret that we cannot afford tp refund your subscriptions. We appreciate your understanding in these troubled times.

Personally for me, I will definitely miss getting this magazine every month. Been a subscriber for 20 years. This was my Holy Bible for looking up car shows and swap meets in the Great Lakes region. I will also miss seeing and talking to Dana and his wife Diane at many of the events that take place everywhere. I still have an outside hope that someone will be able to rectify this sad demise of a wonderful publication.

I received the notification in yesterday's mail too. Seriously bummed! This was a great resource for all cruising events and shows year round. I hope they will be able to reorganize and continue the great publication when things return to normal...:praying:

Sad. I had 18 months left of my subscription too. We’re all in the same boat. Website said they had 13,000 subscribers!!!
Look for the website to go away when their host time expires.

I’m sure there will be other local magazines going down the tubes across the country.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back